Chapter 29

The next day
3:48pm

Richie looked at himself in the washroom and sighed. His eyes were so red and puffed up from crying, black circles underneath. His lips soft but dry; hair dirty and greasy.

He picked up a different bottle of hidden pills. Stronger ones; in the cabinet.

He stare at them. Taking one could make you pass out. Taking two will make you sick and pass out fairly quick. Three can mean you start seizing; four can cause death.

He thought about the things he went through. His dad abusing him almost his whole life, his mom drinking. Eddie being kidnapped by his mother, when Eddie was mad at him, when Henry attacked him. And now this. The breakup.

Richie slowly opened the bottle, his hands starting to shake.

Don't do it..Don't do it...you're better than this. Mom loves you...The losers love you...Eddie loves you...

Eddie loves you.

Richie threw the pill bottle across the room and sobbed.

"Eddie l-loves me..E-Eddie l-loves me, E-

He choked on his words; he picked up the bottle of pills. He hesitated for a moment, then  shoved one into his mouth. Swallowing it.

Stop it Richie...this isn't you..stop..

He took another one, and swallowed it.

"Fuck." He said to himself.

Ding dong

He jumped, and knew who was here. He wiped the tears from his face and walked out. He looked at the door handle, then opened it.

He saw Bill, Bev, Ben, Stan, and Mike..

And Eddie..

"God Rich, what have you done to yourself.."

Stanley hugged him, while everyone entered. Eddie made quick eye contact with Richie, and felt the need to cry.

All of them sat down quietly, all with worried looks on their faces.

"Rich what have you eaten in the past few days?" Stan asked.

He looked at all of them, "N-nothing.."

Stan felt tears streaming down his face.

"You need to eat something." Bev said.

"I'm not h-

"I don't wanna hear that bullshit Rich, you need to eat."

Richie couldn't cry in front of all of them, but he was hurt. Badly hurt.

"I can't.." Tear drops fell into his lap.

"I d-don't want to, and you can't force me."

They sighed.

"P-Please R-Richie..?" Bill begged

Richie made eye contact with Eddie, he felt sick to his stomach. His breathing started to tense up.

"Rich?!" Bev nearly yelled.

He got up and left the room.

He went into the bathroom, and cried. He rubbed his hands on his face, "I can't, I can't do this.."

"I can't!!" He sobbed.

Richie felt the pills kicking in, his stomach began to hurt. His heart started beating faster, his breathing tensing up. He began to cough, and opened the bathroom door. He coughed, and fell to the ground.