Chapter 39

"How are we gonna kill it..?" Richie asked.

"Same way as two years ago, but we can't be scared. At all, we need to fight."

He sighed, "This has to be a joke, it can't be back!"

"It is Richie! You want me to bring you to the sewers and show him to you?!"

"No."

"Look g-guys, I think it's best we s-stay t-together tonight. All of u-us." Bill said.

Richie looked at Eddie, "I'm kinda busy though-

"No! You are not kicking us out just to make out with Eddie!!" Stan practically yelled.

Eddie's face turned pink.

"I never said that, and first of all I'm not kicking you out! And second you guys interrupted us earlier! You owe us."

"So you are kicking us out? IT is back!! I'm just trying to keep us safe!"

He sighed, "Okay.. Just....go grab your guys stuff first. We're staying here, Eddie already has his."

He rubbed his hands through his hair, Bev rubbed his shoulder. "I know this is a lot to take in."

"No shit Bev!"

"W-we'll be back guys, we need to f-find out a plan t-tonight."

"When are we gonna kill it?" Richie asked.

"I d-don't know yet, b-but we can't w-wait. Give it a c-couple days at least. T-to get over t-the fear."

Richie nodded and everyone walked out.

"You really tried kicking them out to make out with me?" Eddie laughed.

Richie grinned and pulled him into his lap. He played with his hair.

"I-I'm scared Richie..and I'm so sorry.."

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?"

"If I wasn't scared last time, IT would of died. But I wasn't, I still was. I am.. and now it's back because of me..."

"Ed's..Stan was afraid too. It's not your guys fault."

"But it is..." He hid his face in Richie's neck. Richie rubbed his back, his head laying on his shoulder.

"We're gonna kill it. It's okay baby, we will kill it. For good."

"W-what if we don't...what if something happens to us.."

"I will never let anything happen to you. I will protect you all, with my life."

"I love you."

Richie smiled and softly pressed his lips onto Eddie's. He slowly started deepening the kiss.

———————————————

"I wish we didn't walk in on them." Bev laughed.

Bill covered his face in embarrassment, "I feel b-bad."

"Anyways guys, we need to figure out a plan. I'm just wondering why Richie kept seeing stuff before all of us. Last time he was the last to know." Stan said.

"Maybe the nightmares are important. They have to mean something else." Bev wondered.

"Yeah but he could only feel it, not see."

"But you said he heard his name being called."

"Yeah that's it. We don't know if he'll hear anything else. But we should be by his side tonight, in case he does see something."