Chapter 40

12:57am

"You guys can sleep if you want." Eddie said

"N-no it's f-fine." Bill bit his lip.

"You think these nightmares are real Stan?" Eddie raised an eyebrow.

"Well I haven't seen it happen so I'm not sure, but the way he described it..I'm pretty sure they aren't just nightmares."

"What do you mean?"

"What if they're visions. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason. IT has something to do with it."

"D-definitely.."

"You alright Bill?" Stan wrapped an arm around him.

"I j-just f-feel guilty..about G-Georgie."

"It's not your fault Bill, we've talked about this." Eddie sighed.

"I k-know.."

"What about you Eddie. Are you okay?"

"Yeah..I just wanna get this over with.
Again..and for good this time."

Richie started twitching, his body began to shake. The others not noticing.

He smiled, "W-we will. All we gotta do is find out what those nightmares are about-

Out of nowhere Richie screamed at the top of lungs, tears streaming down his face.

"NOOOOOO!!!"

Everyone jumped at the noise, running towards the terrified boy. Ben, Bev, and Mike woke up. He started sobbing.

"RICHIE WHATS WRONG, RICH!!!?!"

Eddie felt hot tears drip from his cheeks, Stanley trying to calm him down.

Eddie pulled him into a tight hug.

"Richie! Richie! What happened!" He started tearing up.

"N-N-NOOO..." He choked on his words.

"BABY WHAT HAPPENED!!! TELL ME PLEASE!!"

Richie pulled on his shirt bringing him closer, tears dampening his shirt.

"What the hell is happening?!?!" Bev said with tears in her eyes.

Eddie rubbed his back, "RICHIE!!"

—————————————-
3:44am

"Rich..open the door..please.."

"He needs some space Eddie...he'll tell us when he's ready.."

Eddie sighed and sat down on the couch.

"You should get some rest Eddie.." Bev said.

"I- I don't think I can Beverly, not until I know he's okay..something happened to him and I gotta know."

"Pennywise." Stan spoke up.

Eddie swallowed the lump in his throat, "H-he didn't wanna let me go...he was clinging onto me so hard.."

"They're definitely not just nightmares...I- I didn't even believe him..and now look what happened.."

He sighed, putting his head on Stans shoulder.

"Just give him time Eddie. We're gonna get through this."

—————————-

Richie stare at the ground, at least he thinks it is. His blurred vision from the tears coating his eyes prevented it. He was terrified. But he didn't know why, all he knew was..