Chapter 26

"What the hell Eddie?! Why wouldn't you tell me about this?!!!"

He went to grab Eddie's face, but he pulled away.

"Because I knew you'd be upset!"

"Damn straight! I care about you Eddie don't you see that?!?"

Eddie sighed. "Henry just attacked me today, while I was at the kissing bridge."

"Are you okay?!"

"No Eddie. You don't get to ask that, first of all you've been ignoring me. You don't even tell me that you got beat up-

"I'm sorry..."

"Are you, Eddie?"

He sighed, "ill explain everything..just-

"What? Give you time to think about it? By the way is this why Stanley wouldn't fucking answer me either?!"

He then saw Stanley coming to the door, he looked nervous.

His eyes darted to Richie, "What is he-

"Ignoring me right?"

Stan walked next to Eddie. "Rich."

"Just let us explain everything and you can hate us and ignore us just let us explain please."

He looked into Eddie's tear-filled eyes.

He wrapped his arms around him, resting his head on Eddie's.

"Are you okay?"

Eddie nodded and hugged him tight, he started to sob. But made sure Richie didn't notice.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to Eddie.

"Don't be." He whispered back.

"Come in." Stan said

They went to the living room, and all sat down.

"So..what happened?"

Stan sighed, "A couple days ago when I picked up Eddie from your house..all we did was walk back to my house and Henry was there waiting for us. With the others. They attacked him, and I told them to stop. I really did Rich. And they wouldn't hurt me at all, all they wanted was him... they finally stopped because I got free and beat the shit out of Belch. The others didn't even try and help they just ran, so I took Eddie inside and that was it."

He looked at Eddie. "Was that it Eddie? He didn't say anything..?"

"N-no." He stuttered. Shit.

Stan looked at Eddie then back to Richie.

"Just gonna keep lying to me? I care about you Eddie! More than myself. So why, why can't you tell me!!!?"

He sighed and walked upstairs into the bathroom. He sat on the floor, and began to cry.

Fuck.

——————————

"So Richie just left you alone in the clubhouse?"

"Yup."

"I'm sorry Ben," Beverly rubbed his shoulder.

"No it's fine. To be honest he wasn't really himself today."

"W-what do y-you mean?" Bill said.

"It's like he was trying not to show emotion? He was just in a mood because he wasn't with Eddie for one day."

"I thought Eddie hasn't seen him for a couple days."

"What?" Bill and Ben said in sync.

"Well, Stan just told me that he and Eddie wanted alone time for a couple days. So they haven't seen each other."

"There has to be something wrong. Unless Eddie just doesn't want to spend time with Richie?" Ben said.

"Y-yeah b-but Stan has b-b-been ignoring u-us too."

"Maybe it's nothing." Bev said.

"But maybe it's something." Ben said.

"C-come on. Let's g-go to Stan's."

——————————————

"Are you gonna tell him Eddie? You know it's gonna break him."

"God why do you have to use that word Stan! Break!" He cried.

Stan looked into Eddie's eyes, "because it's the truth."

Eddie sobbed. "I-i can't d-do this S-stan. I d-don't think I-I'll be able to h-handle it. I-I don't t-think he'll be a-able to h-handle it."

They then heard a knock at the door.

Stan went to open it, and Eddie ran upstairs.

"Oh, hey guys.."

"Stan what is going on?!" Bev questioned.

He let them in.

——————————

Eddie stood by the bathroom door, and slowly opened it.

"Richie...?"

He lifted his head up from his knees, and slowly stood up.

"What did Henry say, Eddie?"

He stood silent; Richie walked past him and went downstairs.

"Richie Wait-

All the losers were chatting in the living room, Richie looked at all of them in silence.

"Richie are you okay?" Bev asked.

Richie stood there. Not making eye contact with anyone, he walked out the door.

"Richie wait!" Eddie followed him.

"What?! Are you gonna tell me?"

He turned around to face his boyfriend.

"I can't."

"Why not!?"

"W-we can't do this Richie...."

Richie's heart stopped, he felt his stomach drop.

"W-what are y-you saying...?" He felt his voice break.

"W-we can't do this Richie.."

"Eddie-

"No!! You won't always be there to protect me Richie! I can't let people keep hurting you! Hurting us by being together. I can't love you anymore...it's too hard..Y-you need to find someone who makes you happy-

"Y-y-you make me h-happy Ed's-

"No. N-not me. You need to find s-someone else in this town. This w-world. Don't you get it? We can't do this...And you know t-that. You are everything I want, but I- I can't have you...I don't d-deserve to be with y-you. I never have. W-we can't be together anymore..I-I'm s-sorry..."

Eddie was shocked of what he had said, at this point the two were nearly breaking down.

"Eddie.. I d-don't want anyone else on this world because you are my world! I will p-protect with my life, I just know I need you. And I-i l-love you...more than anything or anyone in this world. P-please don't do t-this... I need you.."

Richie wondered if his heart was still in his chest, because he couldn't feel it anymore.
He looked at Eddie one last time, and all he could feel was pain. Nothing else, but pain.

"R-Rich-

But he was already gone.