🌺🌻🌹🌷 Part 9 🌺🌻🌹🌷

Gupta Mansion.

An eerie silence engulfed the only study in the GM. Two women, each lost in thought, thinking of how one revelation has shook their understanding. Payal was the first to break the silence when she looked at her baby sister.

"What do you make of this!........ Does this change the way you thought of Arnav especially knowing that Anjali's greed was what prevented him from showing up. "

"Nothing has changed jiji. Because he is a coward who never confronted people after they are accused. He rather prefer running away and doing what he pleases and apologizes when the damage is already done. And don't forget he left me and Anjali only took advantage of his absence. Arnav is the only one to be blamed. " khushi said with a heavy voice and Payal knew better not to argue with her but rather agree with her as Arnav is somehow responsible for it. Payal sighed in relief and said.

"It will be better if family doesn't know about what NK told us. "

"You are right jiji. I don't want to upset Amma, knowing how sensitive she has become of anything related to Arnav and the Raizadas. " Khushi said in agreement and shortly after they heard voices outside and moved out of the study to the Hall. But the scene in front of them shocked them.

In the hall was Anita with a red cheek and the hand print on it, an indication she was slapped. And an angry Garima who pass by them to put her already asleep grandkids to bed who feel asleep in the car on their way from the park after a long day of playing.

A confused Payal and Khushi shouted for an ice pack and within a few minutes the chef brought it and Payal lead Anita to the sofa and made her sit and Khushi applied the ice pack on her cheeks.

Anita hissed in pain as her cheeks came in contact with the ice pack. An angry Payal then asked.

"What happened to your cheeks Anita"

Anita negatively shook her head making Khushi and Payal turn to their father and aunt for answers. Shashi told them the truth omitting the real reason behind the slap.

"You mother slapped her"

"What! " Khushi and Payal said in unison. An angry Khushi stood up to go and confront her mother but Anita held her hand to stop her and said

"She did right Khushi ma'am, I deserve it for loosing baby Arshi and letting some stranger near her. Anyone will have reacted the same way including me. Instead of looking after them I left to receive an incoming call. "

Anita then bowed her head in shame but Payal hugged her and told her to be careful next time before sending her off.

After she was gone Shashi begged his daughters not to confront their mother and they hesitantly agreed but sensed there was more to it than they were told but let it go.

After that everyone dispersed to their respective room to freshen up for dinner as it was late. During the dinner Garima asked of their first day at work and Khushi and Payal gave her vague answers which didn't sit well with her but she let it go. After their dinner they want into the kids room and woke them up, bathe them, feed them, played with them for sometime and put them to bed.

Somewhere in Delhi.

A man in his thirties sat on his bed with the picture of a woman. This woman meant everything to him and mostly all the wealth he owns now was because she was his motivation. He work hard in order to provide her with the best but in his determination to make that happen, he left his future in the hands of a greedy aunt who in order to secure her so-called status ruined his marriage and life.