Chapter 14

Days has passed since I took care of Cameron at the hospital. And ever since then, Cameron and I have been texting each other. And there's Finn, who haven't been talking to me lately. He only talks to me when he needs something.

To: Jack Johnson
Hey JayJay. What's up with your bestfriend, Jack?

I feel like there's something going on with my bestfriend. He's not like that before, it seems like he's avoiding me at somepoint. First, he's not in a good mood whenever Chris is around. Second, ever since Chris and I have been friends, he doesn't text or call me at night anymore. Then now, he barely talks to me. He doesn't even make an effort to talk to me until I talk to him first. Sure, he texts me but only when he asks about stuff.

From: Jack Johnson
Is there something wrong between the two of you?

To: Jack Johnson
It seems like there is, but I don't know. He barely talks to me anymore.

From: Jack Johnson
Im sorry Ash, I don't know what's up with him. But, I will try to talk to him.

To: Jack Johnson
Thank you.

Maybe, I just have to talk to Gilinsky myself. And maybe, he might be going through something. Which Im not aware of. I dialed Finn's number, but it was just ringing and no one's answering.

From: CD
Hey.. There's a little pool party here at Taylor's place with the guys. I'll pick you up?

To: CD
Sure.

This may be the time to talk to Finn. If he's there. Well, I hope he is. I just wanna solve this now, I miss my best friend so much.

When we got to Taylor's place. They all welcomed me, and Finn just smiled at me and waved at me. I sat beside Finn, who was with Sam, Matt, Taylor and Jack. While Kenny and Bryant was on the pool, then Cameron joined us. Im the only girl, as usual. Im used to it, actually. "So, how are you?" asked Cameron.

I looked at him, "Im alright....you?"

"Same.. You don't look happy, what's up?" he asked me.

I gave him a fake smile, and said "Nothing." Then he just nodded and smiled at me. The guys are having fun, and Im not really. I just want to talk to Finn right now, but I can't seem to find the right time to do so. I wonder why they're having a get together right now. Maybe they're just bored and have nothing to do, that's why they decided to have fun.

I went inside Taylor's place and walked my way to the kitchen. When I noticed JayJay was behind me. "You should probably talk to Jack tonight. It'll be better to talk in person, than on text or phone," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, as I faced him.

"Well tonight is your last night to talk to him in person," he said while hesitating.

"Last night?" I mumbled.

He nodded. Jack paused for a while and said "Oh! You didn't know?" I stared at him, confused. Then he was looking right back at me covering his mouth. "Sorry if you had to hear it from me."

I smiled at him and he left. They're going back to Omaha? What? How come I didn't know? So... that's the reason why they're having a pool party right now. I walked back to the pool and found the guys fooling around. Cameron was on the chair, sitting, so I just joined him. "The Jacks and Sam are leaving?" I asked him, while looking at Finn, who is on the pool.

"I think so. That's what they told us," he answered. "If you don't mind me asking again... Are you sure you're alright? You don't look good?" he asked.

"Cam. Don't worry too much, Im fine. Im just thinking about stuff." I told him

"Wow. That's the first time you called me Cam," he chuckled.

I saw Finn by himself on the other side of the pool. "Excused me." I told Cameron as I walked towards Finn. This is the chance to talk to this guy, he cannot avoid me anymore. I hope not. "Can we talk?" I asked him. He nodded, as he sat on the chair, taking a sip from a can of soda. "What's wrong? Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"Why would I be?" he said trying to avoid me, he was leaning on his side, pretending to watch the guys as they play on the pool.

"Stop pretending. It's not funny anymore. If you have a problem with me, just tell me straight up. I can't stand being with someone who seems like who doesn't give a fuck about what's happening," I said raising my voice, but not too much. I don't want them to hear what's happening.

"And I can't stand being witha a flirt like you!" he yelled, standing up. I got shocked, and stood quietly. I didn't know he would have the guts to tell me that, right in front of the others. I could feel their eyes staring at me. "I don't know what gotten into you, but you changed Ashley. You don't normally ditches me, nor avoids me, just cause you're with a guy," he added while walking away.

"That doesn't mean Im a flirt. Jack, you know... you know me well. How could you accused me of being a flirt, just because I stood you once?" I asked, as I follow him. "Do you even know why I didn't show up that night?" I asked him. The guys were behind us, listening to us now.

"You were with Cameron," he mumbled.

"I was with her. She took care of me that night, and she couldn't go because I was really sick," explained Cameron, who was standing behind me.

"Maybe, you should try asking what happened before you get mad," I told him. I walked away, then Cameron followed me. He took my bag from the table, near by the pool and guided me out. Then we left. I can't believe that just happened. My own bestfriend, accusing me of being a flirt because I stood him once? I told him that I was with Cameron before, and he seemed okay with it.. I don't know what to do anymore.