Chapter 16

From: Andrea
Where are you? It's time to have fun!

To: Andrea
I'll be there.

I sat on my bed, still deciding what to wear. I can't decide what to wear for this party. Im not a party girl. I don't even wanna go, but Andrea forced me too. I missed Finn so much, It's been a day since they left, and yet I miss him already. Then there's Nash who hasn't come back yet. I hate feeling alone. Few minutes later, I finally decided what to wear. I just wore my floral strap crop top, and a high waisted jeans with my knitted grey cardigan. It's not a formal party, so i guess it's alright.

I arrived at the party, seeing Andrea. "Finally. I thought you'd never come," fussed Andrea. We both walked inside the venue, and she introduced me to her friends. Which I saw some common faces. Then I walked around the place, by myself because I was looking for Bethany. She said she's gonna be here at the party. I think Cameron and the guys are coming too.

"Ashley!" yelled Jc as he walks towards me with Kian.

"Hi guys," I greeted. They smiled at me and they both gave me a hug. "How are you?" I asked them.

"We're good. Congrats on your launch days ago by the way," said Kian.

"Thanks," I smiled. We talked for a while, catching up as usual. The three of us sat on the bar side, while the others were dancing on the dance floor, and others are standing by each stand table with some of their friends. Bethany soon showed up, and she joined us. Until Andrea pulled them to dance, but I refused.

I stood alone, watching people dance, and just smiling by myself. I wanna go home, actually. "Hey," said a voice. I turned around and saw a familiar cute guy, he has green eyes. "Im Sean," he introduced.

"Ashley," I smiled at him.

"I know. Why are you here by yourself?" he asked. He asked for a drink to the bartender, and took a sip, while looking at me, waiting for me to talk, probably. "You're not much a talker, aren't you?" he chuckled.

"Let's just say, Im not used to hang around to this kind of atmosphere," I smirked.

He laughed and said,"You'll get used to it." We stayed on the same spot, quietly. Just watching people dance, and saying hi to people who says hi to us. Until he asked me if I wanted to sit down on the couch, and I just nodded. When we sat down, he started bringing topics, that we could talk about. As we talk, I kept on turning my head around, checking if any of the guys has arrived. I hope they're still coming. "Let's dance?" he suggested when a slow song came on. He offered me his hand, and I just went along with it. We walked towards the open floor. I put my hands on his shoulder, as he put his hands on my waist. "I didn't know that you'd be more beautiful up closer," he smiled.

I giggled and responded with "Lie." I looked down, trying to hide my shyness.

"So, you're Nash sister," he said. "I don't believe it. You don't look like Nash, and you're personality is way different from his," he smirked.

"So you're saying im a boring person?" I rolled my eyes, while giving a little laugh. "Adopted sister."

"Of course not. You're just... quiet," he said. He paused for a while and added,  "at first."

"Right," I smirked at him. We continued to dance, until the song finished. I saw Kenny on the other side, which means the guys are probably here now. While making our way back on the couch, I saw Cameron with Taylor, Connor, Matt and Jc. "Excuse me," I told Sean.

I walked towards them, and when Taylor saw me, he smiled at me. "Hey Ash" he greeted. They all turned their heads on me, but Cameron walked away when he saw me. He didn't even smiled at me nor waved at me.

"What's with him?" I asked them.

"I don't know," answered Taylor.

"Was that Sean?" asked Connor, as he turned his head to Sean who was sitting on the other side. I nodded.

"Now that explains it," chuckled Taylor.

"Whatever you guys." I said in a sassy voice. I walked away from them, to follow Cameron. I wonder where he went and why he even left. Wait, maybe he just had to go to the washroom or somewhere. I walked around the venue but I still can't find Cameron.

"Ashley, come join us!" shouted Bethany.

"Later. Have you seen Cameron?" I asked her. She pointed on the bar side of the venue, and that's where Cameron was sitting. He was talking to a girl, that I don't know.

I carefully walked towards them, but not too close. I was standing by, waiting for the girl to leave him alone, but she didn't. A slow song came on again, and I heard the girl asking Cameron to dance, so I walked closer to them. She took Cameron's hand and was trying to convince him to dance with her. "Sorry, Cameron's gonna dance with me. Right Cam?" I glanced.

"Uhh.. Right," he responded, looking confused. I pulled him on the way to the dance floor. Then, he slowly placed his hands on my waist, and I put my arms around his shoulder, which brought us closer together. "What was that?" he said.

"What?" I said trying to look innocent.

"Why did you do that?" he asked again.

"Cause I just felt like it? Why did you walked away anyways? Were you jealous because I slow danced with Sean?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"You're funny. You're probably the one who's jealous. You pulled me away from a girl," he smirked. No I wasn't jealous of that girl. Sure she's more prettier than I am, and she might be Cam's type but I would never be jealous of any girl who would hang around Cameron. I don't care. I shouldn't care.

"So, you wanted to dance with her more than you wanted to dance with me?" I said. I pulled away from him, and was about to walked away, but he pulled me and he placed my arm around his shoulders again.

"Of course not," he whispered into my ears. I formed a smile, and he did too. Then he even winked at me.

"Good." I smiled while biting my lower lip. While we were dancing, he pulled me closer to him, he softly smiled at me as I carefully placed my head on his chest. I don't know why I just did that, but it felt like I had to do it or something. Im glad I did it anyways, because it made me happy.