Chapter 25

"Hey, you ready?" asked Finn, as we were entering the venue. There are alot of people here. Luckily, most of them are familiar faces. There are few tables sets up, It looks like a bar actually. Stand table, couches, a dj, a photo booth, with a big space in the middle. Then it's dark, but there are lights. I feel like my stomach is starting to turn upside down. I don't know what to feel. I mean, I should feel alright, Im ready to see Cameron... but every steps I take, every chances of seeing him right now with Rachel, hurts me little by little. I shouldn't feel this way. "Are you alright?" Finn asked. I looked at him, and usual, I gave a fake smile, while nodding. "You don't look alright at all," he responded.

"Im fine," I replied.

He guided me all the way to the couch, where Kian was sitting with the guys. "You came!" said Kian, as he saw me approaching him. He gave me a short hug.

"Of course, I don't break promises," I laughed. "This is for you," I told him, as I was handing him a gift I got for him.

"You didn't have to, but since you got me one, thanks!" he laughed.

I giggled, "Happy Birthday," I greeted him. Finn greeted Kian too, then he told us to take a sit. We took a sit beside them, where Nash and the guys were sitting. Cameron is still not with them, I wonder if he's going or not. I hate feeling this way, at first you think you're ready, but then you're not. It's a little fucked up, I could say.

"He-He-Hey!" said a girl voice, I turned around and saw Andrea.

I stood up, and quickly gave her a hug. "AHH!! I missed you so damn much!" I said, while still hugging her. "I thought I wouldn't see you tonight," I added.

"Hey, Kian and I are friends, alright," she said while rolling her eyes.

"I know. I know," I laughed as I sat down again.

"So, Is Cameron coming?" she asked me, I paused for a moment, and thought of something to say, but no words came out. "Oh, sorry. I thought you guys were okay now," she apologized to me.

I smiled and her and responded with "It's okay."

"There they are," said Nash. Everyone looked behind me, including Finn. His eyes widened, and that's when I figured out who's coming.

"Hey guys!" he said, I turned around and saw Cameron, with Rachel. I felt something in me, something's hurting. No, I shouldn't feel this way.

"I'll be right back..." said Andrea.

He looked at me, and I was looking at his eyes directly. "Hi.." he murmur. I smiled at him, and turned away from them. Rachel was actually smiling at me. This is not what I expected I would feel. I should be fine. But why am I not feeling alright? They sat right across me, while Finn moved closer to me, and he started grabbing my hand, tightly. Few moments later, we all started eating. As much as I don't feel comfortable right now, I don't wanna go home, I don't wanna ruin anyone's day because of this endless drama.

Cameron was looking at me, while he was eating earlier. So was Rachel. "So, Ash. What made you come back?" asked Rachel. Everyone in our table looked at me, probably surprised because she talked to me.

"Why wouldn't?" I asked her. Her question came out rude. "It's not like I ran away, and decided to move back home," I said sarcastically.

"I didn't mean it that way," she apologized.

"Right. But hey, what made you come here?" I rolled my eyes. The guys were still looking at me. Rachel's face expression changed to a surprisingly one. "Oh, Im sorry. I didn't mean anything. I just didn't know that you're friends with Kian, now," I said in a soft voice.

"Ashley," said Nash while looking kind of upset, and angry.

"What? I didn't say anything," I replied to him.

"I asked her to come with me," said Cameron, who was looking at my eyes.

"I figured," I answered. Everyone sat quietly, and they just continued eating. I took my phone from my purse, and texted Andrea.

To: Andrea
Can you please get me out of this table? I can't stand being with Cameron and Rachel, I just said stupid stuff and it came out of nowhere. I don't know. Please, make something up.

Minutes later, Andrea eventually came. "Hey guys! Can I borrow Ashley for a while?" she asked them. Finn nodded, and I stood up from my sit, taking my purse.

"Thank you so much," I said to her, when we were away from the table.

"What happened?" she asked me while looking worried. I started explaining to her, and I ended up telling her what Im feeling. All the pain coming back, when I saw Cameron. She guided me into the washroom, because tears started falling down my cheeks.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I cried. "I just want Nash to stop being naive, and start understanding all this, but even though, Cameron is happy with Rachel," I added.

"If Cameron moved on that quick, he is not worth it. He's a dick," she said. "Wipe your tears, girl. He doesn't deserve your tears," she smiled at me. When I settled down, we both went out of the washroom, and I thanked her. She went back with her other friends, and I walked my way back to our table. But then I saw Cameron walking towards me. I thought he wasn't actually walking towards me, but when he got closer, he pulled me on my wrist.

"What do you want?" I asked him, when we stop walking.

"Why were you like that to Rachel?" he asked me.

"Well Im sorry for being such a bitch to your girlfriend, but I don't need this shit, alright? If you're trying to defend your girl, you don't have to," I told him, then I walked away. I went back to our table, when I saw most of the guys are gone, it was only Finn, Rachel, and Bryant on the table.

"Everything alright?" asked Finn.

"Yeah, of course. Can you take me home? I feel sick," I told him. He nodded, and we left. I knew it, It was a bad idea to attend Kian's party. But, at least Kian was happy to see me.