OPR - 10

Here is the tenth chapter of OPR. Yup finally I got the time to publish this FF.

At seven thirty pm Khushi was dropped at her doorstep by her one and only OPR, while their goodbye was filled with nudges, kisses and giggles as usual. Also like everytime Khushi advanced inside her house trying to calm her racing heart and flustered self. Courtesy of Mr. Raizada. However the woman felt weird when all the ladies of the house gestured her to join them at the dining table. Usually Khushi freshens up a little and only then her Amma and Buaji calls her for dinner, so tonight their actions felt a little different.

But not taking it to the heart Khushi sat across from them as the three women smiled in her direction and she being a contagious person smiled in return. Her Amma offered her a glass of water and she gulped it in one go. And once the woman relaxed Buaji opened her mouth to speak what was probably running in everyones mind sans Khushi.

Khushi you remember my friend Debo? We met her at the temple a few months back when you came to Delhi for the first time.

Oh yes. Ofcourse I remember the kind woman Buaji. How is she doing? The last time we met she mentioned something about arthritis.

She is better now Khushi. But not completely. Debo is looking for a caretaker actually. She believes that regular caretaker is a better option rather than frequenting clinics every now and then.

Ofcourse Buaji. That is true.

Khushi agreed as she herself feels that a lady like Deboji needs continuous care and attention. At her age prevention is better than cure. So she could not help but support Buaji' words. However all of a sudden her Amma spoke something that stilled her heart.

My child we believe that you should accept this position for Deboji. I mean as it is Arnav Raizada has been causing a havoc in your work life and on top of that the atmosphere in Deboji' place would be homely and peaceful.

What...are you trying....to say Amma?

Khushi stuttered as realization dawned on her. So Buaji was trying to make grounds for talks regarding her resignation from ARD?!?!.....and...and...everyone in the family supports her decision? Payals loud voice pulled Khushi back from her train of thoughts.

Khushi listen I feel that this change of job will be beneficial for you. Just imagine no Arnav Singh Raizada! NO RAKSHAS! This is the perfect opportunity to resign sister.

Out of nowhere Khushi felt her world crumbling into pieces with no one to turn to for help. She understood why and for whom they all are doing this. But her family had no idea about the mechanics of her relationship with the Arnav Singh Raizada. Nor were they aware of OPR and the associated craziness. Before Khushi could verbalize her thoughts she felt her mothers hand caressing her head lovingly.

There is no pressure Khushi. But your Buaji has given her word to Deboji. And this new job will make you more cheerful and bubbly like our old Khushi. So please think about it okay kid.

Then just like that the meeting was dispersed and the ladies went away to do their chores giving Khushi the time to digest this sudden news. As the astonshied lady tried to come up with an excuse her body jolted with a strong hiccup, followed by another and another. Finally to make matters worse her cellphone vibrated once indicating the arrival of a text message.

Missing you so much Khushi...wish I could glue you to me!!!

Oh DEVI MAIYYA!!!! What a messed up situation is this! She mused.

                                                        ###

As the glittering rays of the bright sun danced around Arnav Raizada he could not help but reciprocate with a beautiful smile of his own. Mentally inter-twined with ASR and OPR the teenaged Arnav rarely gets the chance to come out and play and be his carefree self. Yet today he enjoyed the little time he was granted. Getting ready for his day the 14 year old mind of Raizada blushed looking at the picture of Khushi Gupta on his phone.