OPR - 18

My goodness. Finally I am done with the drafting and editing of this particular chapter. Believe me readers I am trying really hard to make time for this fanfiction of mine. Hopefully you guys will enjoy reading it.

Sitting in the dining room of Raizada farmhouse Khushi sipped her tea nonchalantly, pretending to smile every now and then at the words of Mamaji. But her heart was beating violently inside her chest feeling the eyes of a certain Raizada on her form.

She could make out that the person gazing at her right now was her very own OPRji. Holding her cup firmly she  plastered a fake smile on her face as all the Raizadas laughed at Mamajis joke. Feeling the vibrations on her lap the woman checked her phone only to read a message by Mr. Arnav Raizada himself.

Tumse baat karni hai.
(I need to have a word with you).

Looking up from her phone Khushi saw her beloved staring at her in the most intimate manner. His yawning pupils were almost dilated as if they were prepared to absorb all of her. Flustered at the blatant display of affection Khushi quickly replied to his text.

Kiss baare mein?
(Regarding what?)

This time she successfully distracted herself serving the cookies to Mamiji who requested her to come to her room after dinner for a round of chit chat. Surprised by the request Khushi shook her head in agreement, only to feel another buzzing from her cell.

Exactly, you answered your own question...how intelligent of you Khushi!

She read and re-read the message unable to understand the riddle. It took her longer than a minute to comprehend the words of Mr. Raizada. She questioned him Kiss baare mein? And Flirty Raizada found the answer in her question itself. He wanted to talk about their 'Kiss' aka the EMI. Her loud gasp did not escape the ears of the rest of the Raizadas.

What's wrong Bitiya? Are you alright?

As Nani caressed her back lovingly her obsessed stalker chose to answer her worries.

I think Khushi cannot handle the steaming cup of tea. It is too hot for her sensitive lips and throat. Am I right Ms. Gupta?

I am fine Naniji.

But inside she fumed at the audacity of Arnav Raizada. How dare he flirt with her? Sensitive lips and throat huh? She will show this Raizada how perfectly well she can handle the hotness of any damn thing.

###

However, the entire Raizada clan watched the exchange between Khushi and Arnav in a new light. Each one of them perceived the scenario differently.

Mami pouted recalling how Khushi Bitiya was indebted to Arnav Bitwa. The hidden jab in Arnavs words made her sympathize with the girl.

Nani smirked at the sight loving their banter which will ultimately turn into a passionate love story just like hers and Arnavs grandfather Sumer Singh.

Anjali's eyes widened in disbelief as she saw a spark in her little brother's eyes.

While Akaash and Mamaji the two clueless souls shrugged and continued to sip their beverage without giving much importance to the interaction.

###

Khushi was walking towards her room along the corridor when all of a sudden she was hauled in one of the rooms by a smirking Raizada.

Hey Devi Maiyya. Are you crazy Arnav?

The man did not respond rather in the span of a few seconds he shut his bedroom door and bolted it making the woman gape in surprise. Turning back to face her the dangerous man advanced in her direction making her retreat further in the room.