OPR - 16

Dear readers thank you for being so patient with my updates. I will try to be more regular. Keyword being try. So read the new installment of OPR and share your reviews. Thank you and stay safe.

Naniji sat on her rocking chair knitting a pink woolen sweater for her granddaughter while Khushi kept the woman busy with her childhood stories of Lucknow. The two had bonded rather quickly in these two weeks making an outsider wonder if they are family and not employer and caretaker.

On one hand, Khushi being friendly and a well brought up girl with her Lucknowi manners won the heart of the matriarch of Shantivan. Also, she totally impressed Mamiji with her vibrant and colorful style of dressing. The Hello Hi Bye Bye woman tried to ignore Khushi for a while but the girl's innocence reminded her of her own teens. And Anjaliji adored Khushi for her zest for life a little too much. The two developed an instant friendship making others wonder whether they were best friends for a while or what?

On the other hand, Nanijis house felt like a second home to Khushi. Strange energy buzzed inside the mansion, like a pull wanting her to stay. Most importantly from her first day itself, she feels eyes on her. As if someone is watching her closely. But the woman continued to ignore her sixth sense blaming her silliness for coming up with such a weird notion. If only she had trusted her self a little more many things would have been crystal clear.

The sudden chime of the wall clock pulled Khushi away from her train of thoughts. She quickly came back to the present giving all her attention to the old lady.  It was 1 in the afternoon and Khushi stood up aware of her duties in Shantivan.

Ummm Naniji its time for your BP medicine. So I will just go and get some warm water for you.

Ok, Bitiya.

Leaving the smiling grandmother Khushi left Naniji's bedroom stepping into the main hall when she crashed into a hard wall of flesh and blood. The familiar musky scent of Arnav Singh Raizada flooded her senses causing her heart to beat like a machine gun. Oh NO!! He cannot be here so soon? Khushi gulped feeling a lump in her throat.

Hi sweetheart.

Khushi's eyes bulged out and her jaw dropped in response. It had been three days since she had challenged her beloved. Around the same time, the annual conference of AR happened which ultimately increased the workload for Arnav making Khushi forgot all about the challenge. Or that's what he said.

However right now the same man stood before her with a triumphant smirk which made her realize an important fact. This man could win the challenge easily. A little too easily.  She has to dodge him somehow.  Or else she will lose to the mighty ASR.

Aap...? Yahan? Kaise? Kab? 
(You...? Here? How? When?)

Instead of answering her questions, his eyes darkened with a hint of gold indicating that at the moment the Over Possessive Raizada was in complete control. Which meant that he would try to be cozy with her.

Haan...Main...Yahan...Aise...Abhi...
(Yes...Me...Here...Like this...Now...)

He stammered like her. But the mischief in his eyes spoke volumes.

Khushi tried to step away from him, but his fingers cupped her neck and in one fluid motion the timid woman found her lips sealed with  OPR’ velvet ones. She tried to push him back feeling the fear of getting caught by anyone, making out with the devil himself. Unfortunately, Mr. Raizada was in no mood to let go of her. Rather he continued to kiss her with more passion if possible, ultimately making Khushi lose her senses altogether.