OPR - 17

Before I start, just want to clarify that Arnav completed Khushi' challenge three days after her first day of job in RM and not two weeks. I suppose I made a mistake while editing the last chapter. So who so ever mentioned it in their previous reviews. Thank you for pointing out the error.

Arnav Singh Raizada clutched the steering wheel of his SUV so tightly that his protruding knuckles turned white. He sat coldly besides a smiling Anjali while from his rearview mirror the man could see his Mami and Mama bantering about traffic and its consequences. For now, his alter-ego the Over Possessive Raizada was sound asleep allowing the ASR some control over their mind palace.

This morning everything was running smoothly according to his plans. It was Friday and Nani wanted everyone to pack their bags and head to their farmhouse located at the periphery of Delhi. And much to everyones surprise Arnav had been the most enthusiastic of all for this weekend getaway.

After all, he was looking forward to spending some cozy moments with his woman. His Khushi. Being his Nanis caretaker Khushi could do nothing but oblige when his old woman requested her to join them on this family trip.

But his eagerness vanished in thin air when Khushi chose to accompany Nani, Akaash, and HP in the other car, which right now was two cars ahead of him. The ASR within Arnav felt deprived of her company. He could do nothing but wait for this journey to end as soon as possible because he had plans for Khushi Kumari Gupta. Big plans. To make up for the tiff between them which now seemed like a thorn on his side. The businessman promised himself that no matter what by the end of this trip he would resolve this lover spat and will reduce the distance between himself and Khushi.

To Arnavs relief an hour later Akaash informed him about a 5 minutes halt at the public restroom that Nani wanted. Naturally, Arnav passed on this info to Mami who immediately agreed for it as her make up demanded some touching up of sorts.

Thanking his lucky stars the ASR parked his SUV behind Akaash’s Volvo. He leaned against his car and like a lost kid kept looking at the restroom knowing that Khushi was using one. And fortunately for him, everyone wanted to take a restroom break giving him the perfect chance to corner his woman. Two long minutes later Arnav Raizada grinned like a Cheshire cat watching Khushi walk out with her head facing down in a deliberate attempt to avoid him. 

But ASR did not buy it and pulled a surprised Khushi Kumari Gupta towards his four-wheeler. She was now facing him with her back against the SUV giving Arnav the perfect opportunity to cage her with his arms. However, Ms.Gupta was adamant about ignoring him. She preferred to watch her own mojri covered feet as if its the most fascinating thing out there.

Naraaz ho? Baat nahi karni? Do din se calls aur messages ka bhi jawaab nai de rahi ho. Ghar mein job ke liye aati ho aur sab se baat karti ho par mujhe dekhti bhi nai ho. Why? Damn it!!
(Are upset with me? You dont wish to talk? I have trying to contact yoh from two days. You only come to my place for work and strangely everyone gets the chance to mingle with you sans me).

'Arnav continued to probe Khushi with as many questions as possible but she was in no mood to answer. She did not even lift her head once to meet his eyes that were burning in desperation to see her hazel orbs. ASR banged his hand on the vehicle unable to bear her silence. She was adamant about punishing him. Her silence and indifference, a walking talking proof.

Khushi I admit I was wrong but mere paas koi raasta nai tha. Tumhe khud se door jaane deta kya?!?
(I was out of options. Would you have preferred me to let you go away?!?)

His last words were filled with so much pain and hurt making the woman in question lift her head. And Arnav Raizada saw the reflection of his own pain and hurt in another set of yawning pupils who were screaming at him accusingly at the very moment. He could see the magnitude of his mistake in her orbs staring right back at him. But before he could say anything else their new informant aka HP alerted them about the incoming.