Alastor x Reader

plot: alastor comes to the rescue when you have a really stressful day and you call him up.

Y/N 's heart rate increased as they paced around their room. They've been having a pressuring day, everything for them has been going incorrectly.

They walk out to the bar, seeing Husk sitting behind the counter and chugging one of the bottles of alcohol down. Y/N sits on one of the barstools, rubbing their face in distress.

Husk looks over at them, raising an eyebrow.

"Need a drink, Y/N?"

They nod, removing their hands from their face and folding them onto the table. Husk pours Y/N a drink and puts it down in front of them. Y/N smiles weakly and takes the drink with a small 'thank you'.

"So, what's going on? You wanna tell me?" Husk questions. Y/N shook their head no.

"I'm just feeling a bit bummy. I kind of miss being alive." They mumbled.

They chug their drink down and grunt lightly, the taste of the alcohol slightly burning and tingling their throat. They fold their arms against their chest and lean onto the counter, watching Husk clean the glass and fix the bar.

"Miss being alive?"

"Yeah. Like, I'm kind of wondering how (favorite family member) is doing."

"Eh, I guess."

A silence forms between them, only hearing the haunting creaking around the hotel and the commotions outside. Y/N looks around the hotel and looks back at Husk.

"Hey, where is everyone?"

"I think Charlie, her girlfriend, and that radio bastard are out running an errand or some shit. Niffty is here somewhere, and that one fluffy dick sucker is probably just out." Husk explained. Y/N chuckled at his nicknames for their friends/co-workers. Especially their significant other. He seems like he'll get fond of them though.

Y/N stood back up, sighing softly.

"I think i'm gonna just head to my room and just nap. If you need anything I'll be in there, so." They say, Husk nodding and telling them to have a nice rest.

Y/N heads to their room, their mind flooding with thoughts again. They open their room and shut the door. They walk over and fall down onto their soft, (F/C) bed sheets.

They grab a pillow and put it under their head, pulling their phone out and laying on their side. They scroll through their contacts and find Charlie's name, pressing on it and putting the phone up to their ear.

"Charlie? Hey."

"Hey Y/N! What can I do for you?"

"Do you have Alastor with you?"

"Yep! Would you like to talk to him?"

"Yes please."

Y/N sat for a bit as they hear Charlie on the other end talking to Alastor. They can hear both of them fumble around, Alastor mumbling to himself.

"How does this thing-"

"Just put it up to your ear, Al!"

Y/N chuckles lightly and waits patiently. Alastor finally cheers, figuring out the technology. He finally starts talking from the other end.

"Hello my dear! How are you doing?"

"When will you guys be back..?"

Their voice slightly cracks. Y/N didn't know why but they're starting to cry. Alastor's ears fall back and his smile slightly weakens.

"Is something wrong, my lovely?"

"I'm just not feeling very good. I feel very-"

"I'm on my way back to the hotel, we're done here anyway."

"O-oh. Ok..."

The call soon ends and they feel their tears pricking at their eyes. They readjust their position and lean against the head of the bed, feeling the tears start to slowly fall down their face. Did they bother him? Did he lie about being finished at where they were at?

The thoughts ran through Y/N's mind, making them cry harder.

Their crying and sniffling suddenly stops as they heard a knock at their door.

"My dearest Y/N? May I come in?"

Y/N didn't respond, in fear that their lover will just end up yelling at them. They put their knees against their chest and lowered their head.

They heard their room door open and they look up, meeting eyes with a worried Alastor.

"The loveliest of them all... What's wrong?"

Y/N watched Alastor shut their door gently and sit down in front of them, opening his arms and inviting them for a hug. They felt themselves finally let go, tackling the deer demon down onto the bed and sobbing into his chest.

Alastor's ears fall back once again, his smile wavering. He slowly sits up, settling Y/N onto his lap and gently running his claws through their (H/L), (H/C) hair.

"Recollect yourself my precious darling. Take your time and you can tell me when you're less tense."

Alastor held Y/N close as they sniffled and sobbed, continuing to run his claws through their hair.

They stayed like that for a while, Alastor humming a soft tune to help relax his lover. The sniffling soon dies down to just small hiccuping.

"Are you ready to talk about it now, sweetheart?"

Y/N nodded and Alastor pulled them closer as they started to talk about their stressful day. Alastor listened to every detail of it, responding now and then and kissing their forehead as well.

Once finished, they sat there again in silence.
Y/N interrupted the silence with a soft yawn. Alastor tilts his head, his grin growing slightly.

"Tired, my dear?"

"Very..."

Alastor settles Y/N down onto the bed, taking off his coat and settling it down neatly on the end of the bed. Alastor gently cups Y/N's cheeks and pulling them closer, giving them a soft, passionate kiss.

He pulls away and lays down next to them and they cuddle up next to him. Alastor's grin softens and he pecks Y/N's lips. They blush and smile sleepily and bury their face in his chest.

"I love you so much." Y/N said muffled and half asleep.

"I love you too, my dearest." Alastor responded, soon falling asleep with his most prized possession in his arms.

this is a whole ass mess but i hope you guys liked it. :] it's 3 in the morning and it was fun to make.
word count: 1049