Husk x Reader

plot: according to dave capdevielle (a writer for hazbin hotel), the reason Husk drinks a lot is because he's very emotionally troubled. you find husk having a sort of panic attack or mental breakdown, and you take action and comfort and help him.

<SORT OF A TRIGGER WARNING! There will be some mentions of self harm. Remember, you are worth it. No matter how many times it was said. ❤️>

Y/N looks around in the hotel, confused. They've looked up and down the hotel, but they couldn't seem to find him.

They continue to look around, worry in their chest. They see Charlie and Niffty fixing the couches and they walk over, hoping to find Husk.

"Hey Charlie, Niffty!"

"Hello Y/N! How are you? WHERE IS HUSK?!" Niffty bursted quickly.

"Well, that's what I was about to ask."

"Last time I checked he was either in his room or at a bar..." Charlie muttered.

Y/N facepalmed themselves. They forgot to check in his room! They thanked and hugged Charlie and Niffty.

They walked upstairs and looked around, trying to find Husk's room.

Y/N finally finds his room, walking over to the door and knocking.

"Husk, baby, are you ok?"

Silence. All Y/N heard was his wings gently moving around on the bed sheets.

"Can I come in, kitten?"

The sound of his wings moving stopped. Y/N's body went pale and cold and their heart rate started to increase.

"Please? You haven't been out here all day..."

They heard shuffling on the other side, and they let out a long breath of relief.

"What do you need?"

Husk's voice was raspier than usual, it was deeper as well, but more hushed.

"Just let me come in. I want to come check on you."

The doorknob starts to move and Y/N moves away from the door, waiting for him to open it.

After a little bit, Husk finally opens the door. Y/N's eyes widened in surprise.

He looked like a mess. His wings are ruffled, his fur looked ungroomed, and there were bags under his dark and glossed eyes.

Y/N felt tears prick their eyes as they pull Husk into a hug. The fluffy feline tensed up, but soon relaxed, rubbing his cheek against Y/N's soft, (H/L) hair as his eyes start to tear up.

They pull away, Y/N grabbing his hand and closing his room door. They grab his other hand, intertwining their fingers together.

"Would you like to talk about it, my love?"

Husk looked away, sniffling slightly. He didn't like feeling vulnerable. His past showed him that vulnerability wasn't that much of a good option in such a horrid world.

Y/N observed his movements, looking into his eyes. They pull their hands away from his and grab his fluffy cheeks, pulling him closer and putting their foreheads together.

Husk let his tail wrap around his smaller partner's leg as he melts into their soft, warm touch. His wings fold and he finally relaxes, his stern, angry expression finally softening.

Y/N smiles warmly and they kiss his forehead. They rub his fluffy cheeks and wipe away his tears.

"Are you ready to talk about it?"