Alastor x Child!Reader

requested by @maddyiepie!

plot: the reader lived in an orphanage and died from a sickness. while wandering in Heaven, they fell into Hell by accident. they are then found by Alastor, who takes them under his care to the Hotel and helps them readjust in Hell.

note: there's a slight bit of neglect in this? if that triggers you i suggest just skipping to the part where you end up in Heaven or Hell. also ur like 7-10 or smth so you're a pretty smol bean, your like up to alastor's thighs?? probably waist???

another note: more of my cringy ass doodles: an accurate representation of alastor officially stealing you from the angels and claiming you as his child lmao

-Your POV!-

I woke up to the sound of the other kids in the orphanage running around. Voices of the staff and the kids mixed around in my head. The head mistress walked into the room, seeing me still laying in bed.

"Y/N? Why are you still in bed?"

I sat up and started to cough and sniffle.

"I-I'm sorry mistress, please. I didn't mean to wake up so late."

"Stubborn child. Get up and eat. There's leftovers, ask one of the staff members to warm it up for you."

"T-There's no fresh food, mistress?"

"No. Because of you sleeping so late, none of the other kids left you any."

The mistress grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of bed, making me slightly wince at the sore pain from her doing it in the past.

"Outside, hurry."

She finally let go of me and I ran off outside to get air. I know she told me to ask someone, but this orphanage isn't well kept. That food could be from weeks ago, maybe older, and she'll try and feed it to me? It'll only make my sickness worse.

I walked up to a dying tree and sat under it, feeling tears start to come down my face.

I watched all the other kids who had a good life and parents. They looked so happy, so... spoiled.

Not a day comes by when I wanted to throw myself at these people and just tell them to take me away from this gross place, but I know I'll be punished if I ever did so.

I felt myself get weaker daily. No one gave the medicine to treat my sickness, I was sure I'm gonna die.

My eyes flutter close as I saw a few more people come and pass the orphanage. I felt weak. I gave in and finally let myself go.

"Little one, you may open your eyes."

The stranger's voice was soothing to me, it gave a very gentle vibe and it made me smile.

My eyes slowly open and I look at the person in front of me. He wore a suit and had beautiful, fluffy wings.

"W-Where am I?"

"Heaven, Y/N!"

"You know my name?"

"Of course!"