Alastor x Male!Reader

requested by @limitingroomy!
plot: The reader is scared of Alastor due to his reputation in Hell, but Alastor loves the reader because he's as pure-hearted as a sinner can get, so Alastor finds a way to show that he isn't all that bad, with the help of Charlie.

It's been months since Y/N first came to the Hotel. He was friends with everyone except one demon.

He took the papers from Charlie and gulped, chuckling awkwardly.

"Can't YOU do this instead?"

Charlie crossed her arms and frowned. She stared into Y/N's E/C eyes sternly.

"You have BARELY talked to Al! He isn't all that bad you know?"

"But... His reputation! It's intimidating, he's DANGEROUS!"

"The past several months that he's been here, he's done nothing but help! He isn't all that bad!"

"That's what he wants you to think..! What if he's planning the Hotel's demise behind your back?"

"It's a risk i'm willing to take, Y/N. He's been great, I'm sure he isn't planning anything bad!"

Charlie grabbed his shoulders and rubbed them reassuringly. Y/N looks down at the work papers and mumbles swears to himself, pulling away and walking towards Alastor's room.

He made his way upstairs, the butterflies in his stomach increasing the closer he got to the Radio Demon's room.

He stops in front of the door and hears something muffled. Putting the papers against his chest, he leans to the door and puts his ear against it.

Y/N could hear music, sort of a swing feeling to it. He heard the voice of Alastor humming along to it as well, a barely noticeable clicking, presumably by his shoes, matching the rhythm.

He continues to listen rather than knock at the door.

He heard the humming stop, and he furrows his brows in confusion. The music continued to play, but nothing else was heard.

Suddenly, the door swung open, making him stumble down and almost drop the papers.

He felt arms catch him before he was near the floor.

"Hello, dear!" Alastor chirped.

Y/N's eyes went wide and he straightened up, looking at Alastor with fear in his eyes.

He hid his face behind the papers he held awkwardly.

"I-I'm sorry man, please don't hurt me.."

"Why would I? You're just stumbling around and being nosy." Alastor chuckled.

Y/N felt the mood around them both instantly lighten. He looked at Alastor's figure.

He didn't have his coat on, he only wore the bright red dress shirt he has under, with the sleeves rolled up, his pants and shoes, and he had his hair tied, some strands left out. His monocle was still on as well.

"W-What are you..."

"Just tidying up my room! Niffty is helping."

Alastor moves to the side, revealing Niffty pushing a desk against the wall with a hop in her step.

She turns to Y/N and waves, he waves back and let's her continue her thing.

"So, what did you need my dear?"

"Charlie wanted me to give you these papers." He said, handing the papers to Alastor and standing there patiently.

"About the Hotel eh?" Alastor muttered, skimming through each page.