Husk x Shy!Reader

requested by: @samthesilencer!
Plot: Reader is really really shy and can barely talk to anyone at the hotel. Husk is able to befriend her, though. One day, Angel makes fun of Y/N's quietness and makes them cry. Husk gets mad at Angel and comforts Y/N.

-Your POV!-

I sat at the bar, tracing my finger on the edge of the glass cup. I looked around the hotel and saw everyone talking to eachother.

I never was an extrovert, alive or dead. I didn't talk a lot, the only time I ever said anything more than stutters and one word responses was with my close friends.

Now that I don't have my friends, I had to start fresh.

I remember first coming into the Hazbin Hotel. Charlie was very glad to know I wanted to stay in there, and so did her friend, Alastor, who apparently has a record here in Hell. Vaggie was very glad to, but not as expressive as those other two.

The small demon Niffty really liked me as well, seeing that I wasn't so messy. Angel Dust scared me a bit, he was loud, talkative. He always tries to talk to me but I either respond with a word or two or just don't answer at all.

Now Husk, he was different. He didn't react as chipper as the others did. He was much calmer, and knew I wasn't talkative at the start, when he saw me sitting on a couch in the lobby alone.

~Flashback!~

I was sitting on the couch in the hotel. It's been a few days in here, and the excitement over me has died down. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, finally glad to have my own space back.

I heard shuffling next to me and I tensed up, opening my eyes and moving away from the bartender.

He looked at me up and down and then looked away. My eyes widened, I haven't seen him outside of the bar, so this was new. I think his name was Husk?

His fur looked soft, it was a dark grey color, with white mixed in. His wings were large and red, with what seemed like patterns of playing card symbols.

I didn't know how long I was staring until he snapped his fingers.

"Hey! Hell to new guy?"

"O-oh! I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to s-stare."

He looked at me with an unimpressed look, one eyebrow slightly raised. He merely grunted and looked away, grabbing a bottle of alcohol he took with him from the bar and taking a swig.

I kept glancing at him, trying to contain myself, but I couldn't help it.

"E-excuse me..?"

He looked over, giving a questioning hum.

"What's your name? I-If you don't mind me asking..."

I looked away shyly and rubbed my arm awkwardly.

"Husk. What about you?"

My eyes widened and I looked back at him with surprise. I didn't think I'd get a response... I thought just breathing near him annoyed him already.

"Umm... Y-Y/N."

"Huh. Your name fits you pretty well."