Cherri Bomb x Shy!Reader

requested by @TDPIScarlett4Ever!
the reader is a shy axolotl!

plot: cherri continues on her battle with pentious for the land, but he finds that cherri's got a very close lover. he kidnaps them in order to throw a deal, which angers the spunky girl. she plans to take them back by force, and if any means necessary, she will do anything to take them back safely.

note: not a lot is known about cherri bomb so i tried making stuff up along the way so ee

Y/N watched their girlfriend Cherri Bomb from the television screen, admiring her skillful dodging and good aim.

"Bartender! Another beer please?"

"Comin' up."

Y/N looks away and watches as the bartender slides a bottle over, catching it after and taking a drink.

The bartender approaches them and looks at the screen and then back at Y/N.

"She's yours huh?"

"Huh? O-Oh... Yes." They sighed lovingly and took another drink.

"You're lucky. She's got a good fighting spirit."

Y/N only let out a hum in approval and continued to focus on the screen, their external gills almost barely moving.

Their tail wagged happily as they continue to watch the screen and focus on their partner.

"And it seems that Sir Pentious has taken ANOTHER hit with the bomb, today really isn't this snake's day! But what's this? It seems that he's retreated for the day, leaving the infamous Cherri Bomb victorious ONCE AGAIN!"

Katie Killjoy's voice emitted through the screen before it cuts out into a commercial break.

Y/N pulls out some cash and leaves it on the countertop, getting off the barstool and waving goodbye to the bartender meekly.

They exit the bar and proceeded to walk away, making their way back home.

Y/N grabbed their keys and opened the door, walking inside and closing it after.

They settled the keys on the table and sat down on the couch, turning on the TV and patiently waiting.

A knock at the door caught their attention instantly.

Y/N's tail wagged and they grinned as they got up and answered the door.

"Hey baby!!"

"Cherri!"

Cherri pulled Y/N inside and closed the door, pulling them into a tight hug and making them blush.

"Y-You did really good out there, today!"

"You saw?"

"Of course, I'd never miss out on any of your fights, Cher, and you know it."

Cherri rolled her eye and chuckled, a blush spreading onto her cheeks.

"Thanks baby, but Edgelord sure put up a bigger fight today, I'm exhausted!"

"And bleeding?! Look at your arm!"

Cherri tilted her head and looked at her arm, making her groan.

"Ugh. It's probably the shell from those fucking egg henchmen he's got."

"Give me a second, I'll get some gauze!"

Y/N's gills fell back as they ran off into the house, leaving Cherri Bomb to her lonesome.

She walks over and sits on the couch, sighing as she felt the tension soon leave from her body and sinking into the cushions.

She lets her eye close and think about her shy little partner. Their cute little gills and their expressive but smooth tail.