Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I stayed bent over my computer, a frown on my face. There were so many colleges that I wanted to go to yet… they were all so expensive. I knew that we didn't have much money in our bank and that I had a year left but college was something that I really did want to think about.

For pretty much all of my life I had wanted to be a character developer or an animator- someone who would help create cartoons or video games. That was my dream job and future… the only problem was getting to it.

"Marley! Can you please turn your music down?" Bella snapped entering my room. I shot her a glare yet turned my radio down all the same.

I loved my sister, I really did. But lately she had been irking me. The Cullen's had given her tickets to Arizona for her last birthday and while that was sweet… She took Edward instead of me. When I asked Charlie why he allowed it he said that I had some art show. Instead of spending my weekend at an actual art show I was stuck at the Cullen's house with Rosalie as my only company. It was horrendous.

Anyways ever since she had gotten back she had been acting weird around me. Like she knew something that I didn't and to be frank I really didn't appreciate it.

"It helps me think and you know that." I stated rubbing my head with the palms of my fingers. She rolled her eyes then looked at my computer.

"What are you even doing?" Bell's asked taking the mouse from me so that she could scroll through the page. I stuck my tongue out at her then gave a partial shrug.

"Looking at colleges. I still honestly have no idea as to where I'm going. I wanted to tour one in Florida but you know… I wasn't there." I knew that I was being a bitch yet the annoyed part of me said that she deserved it.

She stayed silent for a moment and I then turned to see what she was doing. My sister was staring at me with sad eyes. I scowled again and crossed my arms. She knew that I hated that look.

"Okay tell me, what the hell have you all been hiding from me for these past few weeks." I demanded leaning back a bit.

She shifted nervously and then sat on my bed. Tucking a piece of her brown hair behind her ear she then sighed in defeat. Finally I was going to be getting some answers.

"When… When I went to Italy… There was one vampire who could read every single thought that a person had with a single touch. His powers didn't work on me (like Edwards didn't) but… he did touch Alice's hand." I raised an eyebrow, not able to see how that was relevant to me.

"Annddd?" I questioned impatiently. She paled while also giving me a glare and I felt an uneasy feeling form in my stomach. This couldn't be good…

"And they only let us go because Alice promised that we both were going to get changed." She whispered.

I stared at her, unable to process what she had just said. Changed. She… the Cullen's had promised that we were going to get changed.

"Changed like… Changed changed?" My voice cracked a bit and my hands started to shake a bit.

It was common knowledge that Bella wanted to spend all of eternity with Edward and do nothing else with her life. That wasn't the case with me though. I wanted to live my life, be able to go out into the sun… go to college and even have kids.

I wanted kids… I wanted to start a family and grow old and have that stereotypical love of my life where we would sit in rocking chairs together old and wrinkly. Of course I loved Jasper. I loved him with all of my heart but I never thought it would last.

I never thought that their lifestyle would be forced onto me.

"Marley?" Bella asked wringing her hands nervously.

Quickly I got to my feet and shot her a strained smile, trying to not lose it. I rushed out of the room muttering something about getting some air. I needed to get out of here.

"I'm going to La Push!" I yelled at Dad who yelled something about it being too late to go yet I ignored him, grabbing the keys off of the counter and getting into Bella's car.

I knew that I shouldn't have been driving while in such a panicked state yet I needed to see someone outside of my family and the Cullen's. I needed to see Quil or Embry or one of the pack members. They would give me some comfort.

My… My life though. I was going to be ripped away from my life and I didn't have a say in it. I wasn't going to be human any more. I wasn't… going to be human.

"What the fuck?" I hissed slamming my fist on the wheel as I drove.

Running a hand through my hair I couldn't control the anger that was bubbling up inside of me. None of this was fair in any way. I had a plan for my future- I had it all planned out and I wasn't even going to go to college for a few years at least because Bella and Edward were so dramatic months ago.

Bella probably wasn't even thinking it all through. I mean becoming a vampire she would be a killer. I know that humans kill animals already but for us… not so directly. We would drink blood and feed off of them and there was the possibility that we would kill humans and other vampires. It was a dangerous and literally bloodthirsty life.

How could anyone like that?

I understood the "living for eternity" and being beautiful but were people really that vain. Living for eternity meant that you would have to live with all of your regrets for the left of your life and being beautiful would mean that humans would alienate you…

How was that future attractive for anyone?

My heart ached at the thought of living longer than everyone and outliving everyone. There were so many things that were wrong with that lifestyle that I didn't want.

Tears started to blur my vision as I drove and I wiped them away, trying to focus on my road. I couldn't though and that was my mistake.

Something bolted across the street and I slammed on my breaks, noticing for the first time that I was going twenty over the speed limit. The car started to skid and I yanked on the steering wheel trying to avoid hitting the animal.

The car jerked suddenly causing my chest to slam into the steering wheel and glass to shatter all around. My head slammed onto something else hard and I saw spots in my vision. The last thing that I heard before everything went black was the whimpering of an animal.