Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I couldn't stop the tears that ran down my face as I clutched Jasper to my side. His arms wrapped around me tightly and he buried his head into my neck. I would have shuddered at the contact but I was much too focused on the movie.

"You've kept him alive so that he can die at the proper moment? You've been raising him like a pig to slaughter!" Snape's face was full of anguish as he glared at Dumbledore. The raw emotions that the actors portrayed was… killing me.

"Don't tell me now that you've grown to care for the boy." Dumbledore seemed to scoff. For what seemed like the thousandth time since the Harry Potter series had gotten darker… I was getting annoyed with Dumbledore. I understood his motives but at this point he was just being cruel.

Snape waved his wand in the air and the tears started flowing even more as a patronus flew through the air. The same patronus that Lily had.

"Oh god." I murmured not wanting to hear the lines that were next as Dumbledore looked at Snape with a look of disbelief.

"Lily… after all this time?"

"NO!" I flailed my arms around as the screen flashed to Snape holding Lily's body while crying in the now destroyed room of Harry Potter. Jasper wrapped his arms around my waist, not using his powers on me which I was grateful for.

"Always."

"Why would they do this to me!?" I gasped in disbelief not looking at the television any more. I turned to Jasper who was looking at me with slight disbelief and amusement. He luckily knew better than to say something bad about Harry Potter.

Pausing the movie he wiped the tears off of my face and pulled me into his chest. I breathed in his scent deeply, savoring the woodsy yet somehow still fresh scent.

We sat there for a moment while I gathered my emotions and all that. Harry Potter was my childhood and seeing Snape, Fred, Tonks, and Remus dead… It was almost too much for me. I loved it so much but their deaths were… beyond depressing.

… You know- despite the fact that I had seen it a few times before. Around 5…

"Do you think that we can watch the rest of this later?" Jasper asked as he started to lay kisses on my neck.

When he started to suck on a very sensitive part, my mind went blank. I trusted him not to suck my blood though I must say the first time he had given me a hickey… I freaked out a bit. Just a bit. Quickly I got over that though there was a thrill to it. He had the chance to tear my throat out and he didn't take it and if I were anyone else he would have. It made me feel powerful and gave me chills.

After he released the skin I pulled him up and smashed my lips onto his, enjoying the velvety feel. Tingles ran through my body and I couldn't help to shudder. I was enjoying this a lot meaning Jasper felt both of our enjoyment and was now emitting it onto me.

It had been so long since we had kissed this passionately and I loved it.

Hopefully his family wasn't anywhere near us.

I couldn't help but to groan as he left another hickey and was about to pull him back into my neck when there was a knock on the door. Oh god damn it.

"I'm coming in!" Edward called and I rolled my eyes and the both of us quickly sat up. He entered the room with a frown as he looked the two of us up and down.

"You two really need to control yourselves. We wouldn't want things to get out of hand would we?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh of course not father." I muttered under my breath while straightening my shirt. Jasper chucked at my side and wrapped an arm around me.

Edward was completely convinced that Jasper and I wanted to have sex like rabbits. That of course wasn't the case mainly because we knew that I could get seriously hurt or something. That didn't mean that we couldn't do other things though…

Kidding! Kidding. Jasper and I weren't going to have sex… mainly because we weren't sure about the future and what would happen. Neither of us minded though.

"What do you want other than to interrupt?" Jasper questioned and stood up, helping me up along with him.

"Bella is going to visit Jake in La Push and it's some bond fire. While I don't really approve of the wolves-" I cut Edward off not really wanting to hear his speech about the 'mutts'.

"I'm going. Sorry Jazz but I need to apologize to Paul and I haven't seen Embry or Quil in a while." I smiled and he nodded understandably though with pursed lips.

He didn't like the wolves either but I wasn't going to let him take full control over my life. For the moment at least.

Not soon enough I was at the bonfire sitting in-between Quil and Embry who were both fighting for my attention. Bella was sitting on the ground leaning up against Jacob who was scarfing down hotdogs like his depended on it. Then again all of the boys were.

"So why do you have this Mar?" Quil asked playing with the camera that was wrapped around my neck.

With a coy smile I took it away and snapped a really quick picture of him. He scowled at me playfully yet let it go.

"Just to do that my dear friend. It's called making memories." I smiled sadly at this.

Soon I would be changed into a vampire. And then I wouldn't be able to interact with them at all. I needed to capture as many memories as I could until then.

"You'll right Mar?" Embry asked nudging my shoulder and I shook my head snapping out of my thoughts. Throwing on a smile I nodded and the grin on his face grew. "Perfect! You wouldn't mind then if I had your hot dog?"

Quil being Quil decided that he wanted it as well and while the two argued like an old married couple- I quickly shoved it into my mouth.

"Mar who gets- Where did it go?!" Embry looked at me in disbelief and I stared at him my eyes wide… With my cheeks puffed up from the food.

We sat there staring at each other for a moment before laughter erupted from the other side of me and I felt a tug from my neck and a flash blinded me. Chewing the rest of the meat I swallowed and then snatched my camera away from Quil while sticking my tongue out at him.

"I can be attractive when I want, I swear." I muttered and the two boys burst out laughing at my comment.

So far I was beyond glad that I had come to this bonfire.

Out of nowhere the atmosphere changed. Embry sat up straighter and Quil wrapped his arm around my shoulder to keep me warm as a light breeze went through the group. All eyes turned to Old Quil and we all went silent. I glanced at Bella to see her mouth open slightly stunned with what was going on.

A part of me wanted to snap another photo but… I decided against it. This scene I hoped to remember forever because it seemed so…dramatic. So surreal. It was stunning.