Chapter 4

The Rebels

"The Prince has found his mate."

" Are you sure of that? It could also be an infatuation."

" I saw it myself. The Prince revealed it himself. "

" If so,  thank you my friend, for the valuable information you provided. "

" I'm not your friend. Remember who you are slut. Remember why I am risking to help you."

" Now, why the need to be so hostile? I very well remember our deal. "

                                ○○○○○○○○○

"What is it Rafael? Why the devil did you send a damn owl? I've told you not to send those birds, it is considered a grave omen here!" Claudius hissed.

" I have no other means of calling you. You did not respond to my letters," Rafael shrugged, lowering the hood of his cloak.

"I will kill that bird tonight. It has ate my letters again," Claudius outraged but silently,  for they could not be heard by someone.

"A bird ate your letters?" Rafael laughed.

" It's, uh, it's my daughter's bird. You know, the chicken with many vibrant feathers?"

" By chance do you mean the peacock?"

" Ah yes, the very bird. Of all the birds my daughter could keep. It has a very strange source of food."

" The Prince has met his mate," Rafael revealed abruptly.

" What?"

" I said the prince met his mate. It is not a good omen to your plans I believe. "

" How do you know?"

" A little birdie told me," Rafael smirked.

" You've got quite the humour for a rigid stature Rafael. Anyway, are you sure of this news?"

" My birdies are authentic to the soul."

" Right. The news is of great importance but it is not good. By the full moon, if their is an heir to the throne,  we're done. The lineage continues. I will have to extinguish the fire before it sparks. We should just finish the mate off, simple as that."

" Attempting to endanger the mate would only add fuel to the fire. Remember you once told me, the bond grows stronger as soon as the acquaintance. The Prince would know it, he would sense it. The plan would turn out futile."

" Good point, yes. Then what do you suggest I do?" Claudius asked.

" You will have to do something that will break this strong bond between mates. I have a potion that could help but I'm not sure if it will work for you merdragons."

" Do you mean a love potion?"

" Not exactly. It's an anti- love potion. A drop or two can separate ardent lovers for a long period of time."
Rafael fetched the sunset coloured vial from his little bag.