Chapter 22

The reason

Rafael came into view as the dust of Cato's ash drifted slowly to the ground.

"And that's that. Quite a mutt of a friend you had," Said Rafael, laughing uncomically.

"Now, comes the crux. Destroying the heir-"

"Don't you bloody dare even think about it. You cannot lay even a shadow on my child." Ambrose glared, his eyes blazing fierce like the fire churning at the back of his throat.

"Who the bloody heck are you? Where did you even come from? Why are you here?" Aurelia demanded, making her voice coaxing.

"Again the same question." Rafael shook his head.

"Are you going to kill us without telling why? Don't you want the satisfaction of triumph, of achieving precisely what you wanted while your nemesis died with the burden of defeat and helplessness?" Ambrose prompted.

'keep him distracted. We need to know the truth and we have to stop him'

Fortunately, Rafael considered the question. Of course, its the greater victory. Seeing the look of defeat and helplessness on the enemy.

"I am a Draco Hunter."

Ambrose and Aurelia stared at him in pure horror.

"What?" Said Ambrose, doubting the possiblity of its existence.

"Yes. I am from the generation of Draco Hunters like my ancestors. I come from-"

"Ruby City," finished Ambrose.

Rafael looked at him. "So you do know about us."

"Father...father had told about it. Ruby city was known for the origin of Draco Hunters. But he said it was long ago and Ruby city is just another city of Dracoelum-"

"Was known? It will be known. We will be known. We are rising again and this time we will not let the past repeat itself!" Said Rafael.

"What past? What happened before ?" Demanded Ambrose.

"You don't know? Didn't your father tell you?" Rafael sneered.

"Those mutts burned us. Alive. A second chance, we asked, we begged. They didn't know what mercy was."

"Who burned whom? And why?" Asked Ambrose.

"The King. The merdraco army. The foolish royal council. They did not have any alternative, they had said. We did not listen, they said. We had committed a grave sin, they said.
It was during the rule of King Dracarius. That arrogant king did not spare to think," said Rafael.

Ambrose and Aurelia asked the same question at once.
"If you lived to know this, how old are you?"

Rafael laughed at them.
"I certainly have lived longer than an average life span. The elixir of life.
But, I did not live to see it from my own eyes. Divination, revealed the truth. It was a prophecy I was born to fulfill. To avenge and rise again, as the mighty Draco hunters."