Chapter 21

The betrayal

"Let us begin with the older rival," said Rafael.

"What do you-"

"Fetch the king and queen for me will you, Cato?" Rafael intercepted him.

Cato felt the hesitation in his veins but nevertheless he strode forward.

"Don't you dare!" Ambrose yelled at him.

"Let's pretend we cannot hear the prince shall we?" Rafael coaxed Cato while glaring at Ambrose.

He faced the dragonstone towards Ambrose and whispered something inaudible. Whatever it was, Ambrose felt piercing burning pain jolt through his entire body. And it caused him to shrivel and bend whilst a sharp groaning painful sound emitted from him.

"Ambrose!" Aurelia shouted, speaking finally after overcoming the trance of terror happening infront of her. She too was incapable of movement, like all her joints and flesh obeyed to something other than her mind.

"Ah...the princess... beautiful beyond words.. such a pity to be witnessing remorse on a day of celebration?" Said Rafael, studying her up and down. She was his type . He never pondered on such desires but looking at her closely...

"Take your filthy eyes off me! Let me go and see what I can do!" She threatened him.

"I would love to find out but you see, unfortunately, you are carrying something that you shouldn't so , Cato?"

Cato nodded brusequely at him and his hands trembled when he reached for the King. Rafael rolled his eyes and shot a bolt of red light at Cato's arm. Cato jerked and his hands acted on their own accord. He grabbed a fistful of the King's robe grabbing him along. If looks could kill, it could if the King wasn't cursed, Cato would have been ashes for the glare the King gave him. Cato was wildly afraid inside but he dared not show it.

As Rafael directed him, he stood the King a dozen steps infront of Rafael where an ash powder seperated them. The King shook very much as the power intimidated its proximity.

Next, Cato grabbed Queen Adora who didn't speak nor move. Cato looked at her and she him. For a brief moment, he felt a pang of guilt. That look...

He felt the same jolt of pain in his arm again. He looked at Rafael.
That wasn't needed.

Rafael however ignored him.
"Ah! The moment I have been waiting for. For so long..."

And without any warning, he raised his hands towards the King and Queen of Dracoelum.
"Carpe meam! Vincere corporis! Perpetuum silentium mors!"

"Let the soul be seized! Let the body be vanquished! Let death silence you forever!"

Ambrose did not even have the time to say no. A blinding red light bloomed throughout the hall and striked his mother and father right where their hearts beat. Their eyes bulged out, hair electrocuted. Silver light burst through their bodies from holes and diverged.

But no one saw it converging towards the heir...

Their arms were spread out, mouth agape and they hovered above the ground; as the soul left their bodies but not a single drop of blood was shed.