Chapter 7

The ceremony

Aurelia gaped at him. The emotions and feelings running on her mind vanished,  into thin air.

Ambrose threw his head back in laughter. Once he controlled himself, he plopped down on her four- poster bed.
" Relax Goldie, I was just messing with you. I did arrive here before you came but I had the courtesy to turn when you changed clothes;  I'm not that shameless."

Aurelia loomed above him. " You could have told me," she hissed.

Ambrose flicked his hair away from his brows. " I could have but I didn't want to," He shrugged.

" You are shameless. For being a creep and for laying on my bed without my permission."

Ambrose, however, said something entirely different. " You can't really stay away from me, can you?" He leaned forward, indicating how close they were.

Instantaneously Aurelia moved away but her movements were reckless and she lost her balance, falling on Ambrose's body with a soft thump.

" Ouch... that was good," Ambrose crooned wickedly in her ears. That earned him multiple slaps from her. She got up from him and sat on the opposite side of the bed.

" Now tell me what you wanted to talk about and get out of my room and my home at the pace you entered, " she told him.

" Tell me really, why you were upset during dinner?" Ambrose went straight to the point. That made Aurelia look down.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you. It's like you don't even want to talk to me," Ambrose grunted.

" It's not like that, " Aurelia defended," It's, well... uh.. I felt... defeated. I felt failure... but I'm trying to overcome that. I'm trying to get used to you and the bonding and... I'm just trying to accept my fate. That's all... I swear on the moon. That's why I.... was sad."

Aurelia jumped a bit as Ambrose suddenly came right infront of her. He touched her shoulders and tilted her chin up.
" I...I can understand. It's not easy for you. I hated all these, trust me but it just changed completely... After I met you.
According to father,  I'm supposed to be producing an heir to the throne, you know, the coronation is near. But I kept on escaping espousals and the hunt for my mate. Not that I was interested in any other woman, I just did not want to get married and commit to family life. After I saw you for the first time, everything just... changed."

Ambrose tucked a stray strand of her golden hair behind her ears. " We can get through this, if you will support me," He said.

Aurelia realised, that she was tearing while he spoke.

The Prince and his mate lay next to each other, gazing at the starry sky; while holding their hands together.

" This is strange but it feels really good to lay close to you," Aurelia told Ambrose.
He tilted his head to the side, facing her.
"It's not strange because I feel the same too."

He sighed," I wish I could stay longer and spend the night with you but I have to get going. Father has probably sent out a search party for me," He chuckled.

" Oh yes, you should go before it gets too late. Goodnight," said Aurelia, moving away from him so he could get up.

" Sweet dreams Goldie. "