Chapter 18

The planning and discussion

Through the mist covered windows, Aurelia saw Ambrose flying away with precision and then he dissapeared into thin air as he turned invisible. How lucky he was, to have such a gift.

Absentmindedly, she ran her fingers through her golden hair to find it rough and tangled. It was all that perspiration from.... she smiled reminicing those golden moments she had with him. She never thought she would have this feeling; he changed her and so did time.

Aurelia kindled the dead embers to a roaring fire in the furnace, then stripped out of her clothes and threw them into the flames. The flames burned rapidly, to her suprise, like it was coal she fed. Ambrose had asked her to dispose her clothing to avoid suspicions. She also threw the decaying trays of food that had been slid into her chamber through a small flap door, 'forgive me for this', she prayed quietly.

Aurelia messed her bed on purpose and then opened her door. She peeped out and called for her handmaids. Quicker than lightning, April had stood infront of her.

"My princess.... I had been terribly worried... what happened to you? Are you well? Shall I fetch the healer-" April ranted.

"You have to calm down April, I am well now. That is why I have been sleeping so much. The healers asked me to get as much sleep I can. Now, I want you to prepare a warm scented bath for me and get me some ravishing meals while I take a bath. Will you do that for me?" Aurelia intercepted her.

April stared at her, mouth agape.

"April!"

"Oh.. I am very sorry Princess. If you will let me in, I will begin my work...."

The bath was scented with jasmine oils and scattered with vanilla strips. It was hot but not scalding. Aurelia drowned herself in it, sighing deeply at the soothing feeling. Last night....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having discovered the 'mysterious' theft at Emerald city, Ambrose and the generals returned to Castle city four days later. It was a mysterious theft, they got to know. So mysterious like Ceaser's death. Ambrose had decided not to take any serious decision due to the upcoming coronation.

Aurelia jumped into his arms when the door to their chamber was opened. After having a lot of cuddles and pillow talks, they slept peacefully that night in each other's embrace.

The next morning was a busy one, more to discuss about, for the royal council. About the coronation that all of Dracoelum was talking about.

Years had passed on so quickly, thought the king. It was time for his son to take the throne, to be crowned as King and Protector of all Dracoelum.

Now all eyes, ears and even noses were on Ambrose and Aurelia. They couldn't pass a place without a hundred eyes drinking their apperance in.

Even Aurelia's handmaid was over concerned about her well being. She frequently asked if Aurelia was well and healthy. It was rather suspicious.

What was so important about coronation and why was everyone staring their eyes out on her?

"I don't even like going out now," Aurelia groaned.