Chapter 6

A/N: hi there! Just a little warning before you proceed: this chapter has some heated moments. If you feel uncomfortable reading it, you can skip this and wait for the next one. :)

The discovery

Aurelia twitched when Ambrose called her Goldie.
" Why are you calling me Goldie? I do have a nice name," she chided him.

" I like calling you Goldie." He smiled cheekily at her.

Aurelia's heart pounded when he smiled, she stared at him in awe. Something weird was happening to her, slowly, she felt it.

A warm vibrating touch brought her out of her thoughts. " Goldie?"

" Uh...yes?"

" What are you thinking about?" Asked Ambrose.

" Nothing," Aurelia lied as normal as she could. Then, she asked a question that she had lingering on her mind.

" How did you fly after shifting?"

Ambrose gulped hard; his little play of pretense was in danger. He found it difficult to lie to her, when he used to lie with a silver tongue.
" That... that is... just. I can... do that. It's,  it's ..... A gift. I'm gifted with that ability, to sprout wings even after I shift."

Aurelia looked blank and confused. " But... I've heard mother telling that only royals have that ability....to half shift..."

Ambrose pretended to be clueless. " Is that so? I've never heard of such facts."

Aurelia still looked unconvinced, her brows scrunched together.

" So tell me about yourself?" Said Ambrose, in his best attempts to distract her. He could easily distract her by using his powers but he saved it for later useful situations.

Aurelia's lips querked up. " You already know my name, where I come from and even who my father is. What else is there to be known?"

Ambrose narrowed his lips to a circle and one of his eyebrows were raised. He glanced at her sideways.
" Well, you told we have to know each other better before we advance in our relationship. Why not start by knowing each other's likes and dislikes?"

Aurelia clapped her hands together. " That sounds fun! Okay, me first!" She said enthusiastically.

" Okay. Do you prefer facing a problem then and there or running away from it for some time until you are ready to face it?"

" Face it then and there. What's the use in running away from it for some time when we have to somehow face it in the end? Now it's your turn. How would you feel when someone hurts you and doesn't even realize their mistake?"

Ambrose chuckled, "I would just punch them on their face."

Aurelia gasped but she said," If it was a girl?"

" I'll push her from a mountain."

Aurelia's eyes widened in suprise. Ambrose laughed loudly at her reaction.
" I...I was just joking. It depends  on the person. If it was someone whom I don't even consider existing, I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. But if it was someone whom I really care about, then I don't know what would happen to me...."