Chapter 8

The wedding announcement

"Wait Ambrose.... where are you taking me?" Aurelia hissed as he dragged her through the corridors.

He did not answer her question until they came to a halt infront of a set of big oak doors.

"Apertum draco antrum," He whispered to the lock. The invisible cogwheels turned and the door opened with a small 'creak'.

Ambrose turned to Aurelia with a sly smile," my chamber."

Aurelia gaped at the chamber. It was as large as hers but twice the luxury. All the furniture was chocolate mahogany and elegant.

"Do you like it?" Ambrose whispered huskily in her ears. Her breath hitched and she turned so fast that her hair whipped across his face.
" Ouch," He muttered quietly while tucking the strands behind her ears. He noted how her heart was pounding and her golden eyes were like the flickering flames of the candles.

" Goldie. Goldie?" He shook her.

"What? Oh..." she stuttered, stepping backwards.
" Nice...nice chamber...it's.... beautiful."

" Thank you? Why don't you sit down?" Ambrose offered.

Aurelia smiled awkwardly at him as she sat down on his bed. Unconsciously, she trailed her hand over the silk sheets. The atmosphere was very awkward for both.

"Shall I get you some cheese buns...and chocolate rolls?" Ambrose asked her.

"Yes please!" She exclaimed because she wanted to speak something and also because she was really hungry.
" Yes please..." she grinned at him quietly.

Ambrose peeked his head out the door and muttered something to someone outside.

"You could have told them through the mind link, couldn't you?" Asked Aurelia.

" I could but they won't hear me, not inside this chamber and some aren't purebloods are they?"

" Oh Yes.... I hadn't thought about that.."
" So... you didn't still tell me..."

Ambrose smirked, purposely pretending to forget, " tell you what?"

" You really want me to tell that again?"She gritted her teeth.

" Well,  how can I answer your question unless you tell me what the question is?"

Then, it clicked to Aurelia that Ambrose was messing with her. Then she thought, if he could do it, I could do it too...

She rose from the bed, dishevelling the sheets and walked awfully slow to him. Ambrose was clueless for a moment and then he stood completely still as she walked closer and closer to him. Ambrose felt the loud 'thud thud' of his heart and steam evaporated off his body as Aurelia stood just infront of him.

She looked at him from under her lashes and put both her hands around his neck. She raised her head slightly and cooed smoothly in his ears," I....asked..you...what...your...first...Most....liked....ritual is....."
Her lips grazed the lobes of his ears and then,  Ambrose lost his self control,  his eyes turned to draco slits.