Chapter 9

The attack

Now that the wedding of  prince Ambrose had been announced, it was time for Aurelia and her family to leave to Diamond city until the wedding. Ambrose was gloomy and grumpy, he was totally against the decision of them leaving.

" Why are you like this Ambrose?" Asked Aurelia.

" I'm just being me," He replied, looking, more like glaring at the distant skies.

" I've been asking you since the start of sunset and it's well into the night now... what's wrong darling?"

Now that made Ambrose lift his head up. He looked at her but said nothing. Aurelia huffed and walked over to him. She plopped down on his lap without a warning and he put his hands protectively around her so she wouldn't fall.

Aurelia lifted his chin up and studied his Saphire eyes thoroughly. Then, she got to know, by reading his mind that Ambrose was upset because she was leaving after dawn. He wanted her to stay with him.

She grazed her thumb across his jaws and kissed the tip of his nose. That gesture caused a ticklish feeling on Ambrose and he chuckled lightly. His chuckles made Aurelia giggle too. She attempted to kiss his nose again but her lips were locked in his. She kissed him passionately but then pulled away as she had to talk to him.

" You're sad because I'm leaving, isn't it?"
Ambrose nodded his head,  looking down. Aurelia lifted his chin again.
" Only a few more days and then... We can be together forever.... then, nobody, not even the king could keep me away from you. Now, you have to send me off happily. I don't like seeing you like this and I certainly cannot leave you in this state-"

" Then don't go."

"Ambrose, I wish I could stay but I can't. We have to abide by the customs until we marry and then it's our laws. Please darling, you have to cheer up."

Ambrose smiled sadly at her and then an idea came to him. " Sleep with me tonight, " He said.

"What? " Aurelia stared at him.

" Tonight, lay by my side and sleep with me, please. I have to wait for twenty to thirty lunar days to touch you again, please Goldie...."

" Okay... but how can I get past my mother?"

Ambrose grinned mischievously at her. " Oh I'll help you..."

Aurelia changed into her scarlet satin night robes and brushed her hair. Once she was ready, she called for Ambrose.
" I'm ready, what shall I do now?"

Ambrose replied in a jiffy. " I'll be there soon."

She waited for him and then in a little while, a strong gust of wind flowed into her chamber. Aurelia disregarded it as nature but her assumption was wrong.

"I'm here. Come to the balcony," said Ambrose.

The woman ran so fast that the flames of the candles died away. She opened the balcony doors, looked here and there but there was no one.
"Ambrose! Do not play come quick!" She whispered frantically.

Slowly, Ambrose came into her view, to her wild bewilderment. He had half shifted and he extended his hand to her.

"You can become invisible!"