Chapter 19

Coronation

To Claudius's utter dismay, the Queen accompanied him and lord Julius to Sapphire city.

However, the Queen suprised the two men by showing her extravagant swimming skills. She threw her bag of extra clothes on the floor and dove straight into the lagoon, gripping a glass jar in one hand.

It didn't take long for her to swim back to the surface with a full jar.

"What are you both looking at? Take this and give me my bag. And turn around," The Queen chided them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ambrose. Ambrose. Ambrose!"

Ambrose opened his eyes wide and sat upright on their bed.

'Father? was that you?'

'Yes. Wake Aurelia and come to my chamber. Be quiet and make sure no one sees you.'

'What's wrong? In the middle of the night?'

'Come quick. There is no time to waste.'

'But why-"

The King blocked his voice away. Ambrose grumbled sleepily and turned to his right. There she lay asleep, his goldie. Beautiful than ever.

He blew the hair from her face and gently nudged her by his nose. She smiled, the motion probably tickling her.

"Wake up goldie, wake up. Father has summoned both of us to his chamber."

Aurelia's eyes snapped open, she stared at him in alarm.

"Wghat?"

"Father summoned you and me to his chamber. He said to be there soon."

She sprang into a sitting position.
"What! Why! Is everything alright?"

"I don't know. Put on your cloak."

Ambrose opened the draco door and then he half-shifted.

This time, shiny white scales covered his skin, even though he had a human physique. Claws jutted out from his fingers and toes and he wings spread wide to his sides.

"Climb on to me," he told her and she did, asking no questions.

Ambrose turned invisible and so did Aurelia. They flew up into the starry night sky towards the King's chamber.
He landed directly inside the chamber, suprisingly the draco doors open as if their airbone arrival was expected.

"Is everything alright father? Why did you summon us?" Ambrose asked the King.

"Nothing to worry about-"

"You and Aurelia will be performing the Hermoon Ritual now. It cannot take place tomorrow around everyone," The Queen told them.

"But-"

"No buts. Quick, get dressed the both of you!" The Queen ushered them.

Ambrose wore a big cloak that was tied around his neck. Queen Adora placed the King's crown over his head. The cloak had miniature symbols and writtings embroided on it in silver thread.