Chapter 20

The fight

Everyone are stunned. Cato's head lolles back in laughter.

"Why the heck are you laughing?" Dalmazio hissed at him.

"I... I know...," Cato wheezes.

"You know what?"

Cato calms himself down and looks at his brother.
"This is all a big joke isn't it Dalmo? I know it. You had planned it for me. And, and for Ambrose because-"

"You are out of your raving mind! Don't  think you can fool us anymore Cato-"

"It's alright Dalmo. Just say it, say it's all a joke you had for me. I know it, you were sad and worried that nobody takes you seriously so you came up with this, this plan to prove that you are more than what others think about you and you did in your way. Your Dalmo- pun way."

Dalmazio blinked.
"You have gone mad! Absolutely mad! I sure am cheery but I would never do something stupid to prove any shit. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. I am what I am. And you are not! You are way more than what you have shown yourself to be."

"It's alright Dalmo, i'm here with you. Just say it's all a joke and the coronation can go on," Cato urged him.

"Shut it Cato! This is no joke. This is the truth, your truth exposed! Tell why you have been working against us! Accept it, you can't run or hide the truth anymore-"

"I don't understand why you are behaving like this Dalmo... I am not hiding any truth nor have I worked against anyone. You have to believe me Ambrose-"

Cato was intercepted.
"Lies! Lies again! Enough Cato. I have seen you going in the middle of the night to meet that man. I have heard you planning and plotting. I have  heard you talking in your sleep about revenge and murder-"

"Dalmo! Anyone talks anything in their sleep. That is nonsense not even to be thought about-" Cato cut him but Dalmazio wouldn't budge.

"Murdering the King, Queen and even our friend, our Ambrose. If all what I have been telling is a joke then tell me where you were all this time, you came just now... Tell me why you killed the guards outside the forbidden chamber? Tell me what you were doing with the dragonstone and why you stole it?!" Dalmazio demanded

The King couldn't believe what he was seeing, hearing. It did look like waste of time but it doesn't seem like one.
Where is the dragonstone?!

"The ddragonstone? I stole it? This is absurd! Enough with your  lies Dalmo! What is wrong with you? Why are you doing this?" Asked Cato.

"Don't you dare deny it. I saw you, killing and stealing the dragonstone-"

"The dragonstone has been secured in the forbidden vault. Where are those priests!" The King's voice boomed angrily.

"Your majesty, on my honour as a pure blood and my solemn promise on Father Draco, I saw my brother killing the guards, breaking into the forbidden vault and coming out with the dragonstone. It is a glowing crimson cuboid stone isn't it?" Said Dalmazio.

For the first time, the King was frightened, for the fate of Dracoelum. If that boy was telling the truth, where is the dragonstone? In whose hands? It is a full moon today! A full blue moon! The king thought, very worried.