Apology

"Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you...." Drishti's phone went on.

She woke up startled. She was not the one to wake up like this. From quite a young age, she was woken up by her little dove.

She looked at the time and it said 9AM which was about an hour after the time she wakes up. She looked towards the window wondering the absence of her dove.

It was locked which was unusual for she never locked it. Even Divi who always woke up after her was not in the bed. This made her cautious but her thoughts was erased by the continuous ringing of her phone.

"Hello?" She was unsure of the person calling.

"Hi Driv.. I mean Drishti!" It was Rakshit and Drishti immediately recognized his voice.

"Who is this?" She mocked a confusion.

"It's me."

"Which me? The only 'me' I know is me. Which 'me' is the other me? It's me. Who is this 'me'? Tell m.." Drishti smiled slightly.

"Please stop your stupidity! I am Rak.."

"Hey! You call me on my phone and then also call me 'stupid'? How dare you?" Drishti interrupted him. For some reason she liked to get on his nerves.

"Just listen! I am Rakshit and I am sorry!"

"Are you Rakshit or Sorry? Can you please confirm?" Drishti's smile widened.

"Are you really dumb or acting dumb?"

"I am not dumb! I am just confused! Are you Rakshit or Sorry? Whatever! But hey, I am clever!"

"Hey Drishti! I am trying to apologise!"

"See! You are only trying to apologise not actually apologising!"

"God! This girl is crazy."

"I am clever not crazy!" Drishti pouted.

"Drishti dear! I am sorry!" He spoke sickeningly sweet.

"Ok you confirmed! So you are Sorry!"

"DRISHTI!" Rakshit said slowly and threateningly.

"Ok fine! But apology not accepted."

"Why?" Rakshit pouted for the first time looking into the mirror with the phone in his left hand.

"Because this is not how you should apologise!"

"Then tell me how!"

"You shou.." The line got cut.

Drishti was confused but on calling again, the phone was answered. Nothing was heard except some shoutings which sounded like Romi.

But this possibly couldn't happen right? Or can it?

Drishti dashed downstairs to see that her dad already left. She ran into the kitchen.

"Mumma, where are they?" She asked Vidhya in between gasps.

"They went to Rakshit's office." Vidhya knew exactly what went in her mind.

"But mumma!"

Drishti ran out of her house and drove off her car to Rakshit's office which was about 10 minutes away.

She parked her car and rushed into Rashin office. She found shattered glass and a wounded Rakshit on the floor. He was consious and put no effort to stand up.

Romi and Divya were shouting loudly.

"You think you can walk away after mistreating my sister?" It was Romi.

"She is our light!" Divya joined!

"How dare you hurt her? I will sho.."

"ROMI! DIVYA!" Drishti cut Romi and stopper them from doing whatever they planned on doing.

"Di? Why are you here?"

"And why are my siblings here beating up someone?" Drishti was beyond angry.

"Umm. Di, we had to. Um. I.." Neither Romi nor Divya could calm her down.

"Come with me!" She helped Rakshit to get up and took him to another room.

"First aid box?" Drishti asked Rakshit.

"What?" Rakshit didn't catch what she asked.

"FIRST AID BOX! WHERE IS IT?" Drishti had all her anger held in which was leaking out.

"Someone is angry!"

"WHERE IS THE FIRST FREAKING AID BOX?"

"In that cupboard!" Her anger scared him.

Drishti went to the cupboard which was much above her. She opened the cupboard by pulling the handle placed at the bottom of the door of the cupboard.

The box was kept in and above. Taking it out without external help was impossible for Drishti.

Rakshit held her waist and raised her up with the strength he had in him. Drishti was taken aback.

"Hey! Let me down!" Drishti said.

"Just take it out." And so she does.

Once she was left down, Drishti turned to Rakshit.

"Who do you think you are to carry me?"

"I just lifted you!"

"Why?"

"Because you couldn't reach it!"

"So?"

"I helped you!"

"Why?"

"Umm. I wanted to!"

"Ask me before helping me next time! Understood?"

"Yes!" Rakshit looked like a cute school kid.

Drishti attended his wounds. On their first touch, something sparked.

They both felt it. But no one spoke about it.

"All done!" Drishti exclaimed.

"Thankyou!" Rakshit thanked her.

"Hmm. I will leave now!"

"Hey! Am I forgiven?"

"Let's wait and see?" Drishti smiled and left.

WRITER AT YOUR SERVICE

It has been so long since I last wrote. I was waiting to write for so long. I really hope you guys like it.

Please comment! Vote too!