Court You

Those words broke Shikhar's heart. His world dropped down shattering into thousands on bits.

His heart was burning in sorrow. His mind was elsewhere burning with desire to drip into an illusion with Divya.

All he wanted was Divya. He never loved anyone else like he loved her. He never needed anyone else like he needed her.

Yet she cannot be his.

"I am sorry Divya! Can you please move so that I can get up?" Shikhar was breaking inside. Bit by bit, he was being eaten by the pain.

"Why?" Shikhar wanted to push her away from his lap and move away. Or so he thought! He couldn't push her away even after how much she hurt him.

"Please Divya! My legs are numb." He pleaded her afraid that he might fall for her even more had she not moved.

"I though your legs are never numb for me!"

"I- please can you not hurt me like this? My heart is in pain. My emotions are wounded! I can't take it anymore. I loved you more than anything. It's not your fault that you don't love me back but please let me get my emotions under control!"

"I didn't mean it that way!" Divya was cut off by Shikhar.

"I know what you meant! Please don't rub salt on my wound. It hurts on it's own." Shikhar's tears fell.

"I am so sorry!" Divya was about to cup his face before he clutched her hands and moved his face away.

"Please don't!"

"You idiot! You are making me angry now!" Divya scolded Shikhar and continued on seeing his confused face.

"What I mean't to say is-"

"Please don't say that again! I am hurt already!" Shikhar cut Divya in.

"Listen to me or I will tape your mouth!" Shikhar seemed to be quiet at this and looked down.

"I wanted to say that I can't be yours because-" Shikhar looked up and was about to talk but stopped on seeing Divya's threatening glare.

"It's you who is mine!" Saying this, Divya hugged Shikhar.

"What?" Shikhar looked up with his bambi eyes. Confusion was clear in his eyes.

"I love you too." Divya said and tried to hug him but Shikhar pushed her away from the hug when he realized that she was teasing him.

"Don't you dare! You were teasing me?"

"Guilty as charged!" Divya pulled her hand up.

"I hate you!"

"Hate is a strong word! It is probably the anotonym of it that you feel for me!"

"Don't ever talk to me!"

"That would be more difficult for you than me!"

"I was so serious but you were teasing me!"

"Who does not like humor?"

"But it was my feelings!"

"Are you really hurt? I am so sorry! I didn't mean it!"

"I know that you didn't mean it!"

"Please forgive me!"

"Okay!"

"Am I forgiven?"

"Yes!"

"So are you mine and am I yours?"

"No!"

"What? I thought I was forgiven!"

"You are forgiven!"

"But why are you not mine?"

"I don't know how much importance you give to our relationship!"

"It's equally important to me too!"

"But you play around a lot!"

"You don't trust me?" Divya's eyes held disbelief.

"I trust you but I can't handle a broken heart again!"

"I am sorry!"

"I said you are forgiven!"

"What should I do to get you back?"  Divya was crying quietly.

"I don't know!"

"Please don't do this!"

"I am sorry!"

Shikhar made a move to get away and sit in the driver's seat. Divya didn't hold him back this time.

"We have a few more hours before the roads will be filled with cars again! You can sleep until then."

Divya just nodded and closed her eyes facing the moon out of the window.

The duo were woken up by the bright sunlight that peeped in through the window.

"Good Morning!" Divya said.

"Good Morning!" Shikhar replied.

There was an awkward silence between them.

"I will hit the road and ask for a lift." Shikhar got out of the car and walked away. Divya followed him.

"I need to make a phone call!" Divya said.

Together they waited for a car to stop. A driver stopped and offered lift to the nearest workshop. Both of them happily got in.

"Are you guys newly wed couples?" The driver asked.

"Yes!" Divya said.

"No!" Shikhar said.

"What? Are you guys fighting?" The driver was confused.

"Yes Bhaiya! He is fighting with me even though we got married a week before!" Divya fake sobbed and earned a glare from Shikhar.

"What is this sir? How can you fight with your newly wed wife? You are a man! You should forgive!" The driver started advising Shikhar.

After 15 minutes of advices, Shikhar was relieved to get down at the petrol pump.

"Thankyou Bhaiya! Bye!" Dovya happily waved st the driver.

"You! What are you doing?" Shikhar glared at her.

"I am winning you back!"

"What?"

"Exactly what I said!" Divya walked away to the boy working in the garage and the three drove to where their car was parked. After getting the car repaired, Shikhar drove Divya off to her house.

"Thankyou got the lift!" Divya got out of the passenger seat and walked to the driver's seat.

"Welcome!" Shikhar was about to leave when Divya kissed Shikhar on the cheek and ran away saying, "I will court you until you are mine!"

This left Shikhar dumbfounded but he drove away as soon as he came out if his trance.

WRITER AT YOUR SERVICE

Hey guys,
Now, what are we going to read? Divya courting Shikhar? That's going to be hilarious!

Are you enjoying this book? I hope yes.

Comment and vote my dear readers.

Love you all♥️♥️♥️
Stay safe...