Chapter Six

*Jonquil

"so you guys are like super fast?" I asked.

"yep!" he answered

"then what about the blue vain line like stuff on their faces. It's kinda weird"

"well, it happens when they drink blood and if we drink an A+ blood, it becomes really hard to kill the person".

I wonder if his face changes when he drinks blood. He'll be handsomely ugly. And that is amazing. I wonder how I'd be if I become a vampire. Like I'd be so fast and cool and stuff you know, killing bad guys. I wanna be one.

The car finally came to rest in front of a house bigger and more beautiful than the other one.

"whoa!!" I exclaimed.

I beat its his.

A short man walked out of the house. "Hey ma man" he yelled in an thick Italian accent as we came down from the car.

Guess I was wrong.

"I've been waiting for yea. Why were you wasting my time? " he asked as they shook hands.

Lucien was way taller than the guy. I wonder who he is.

"sorry man just had to finish up something" he answered.

"my wife and kids are home, I'll bring the keys and you'll be going without hesition okay? " he  nodded.

After few minutes he came out holding a bunch of keys. "thanks man I owe you" Lucien said.

"Na! You don't. Just go before I bring my gun"

"wow! okay" he exclaimed and he scrambled back inside the car and Hallie drove off.

"um... is he um... one of you?" I asked. He simply chuckled.

Whats so funny

"No his not. His human like you. He doesn't know what he just did".

I was confused at first but then realized

My mouth dropped "wait you mean you can....." and he nodded.

Just as I thought. He compels people

Thats cool

"wow. You guys are amazing. I think I've made up my mind."

"I wanna be like you guys" I grinned excitedly as I locked eyes with him.

My smile slowly faded.

I saw glints of anger in his eyes. He frowned at what I said.

I shouldn't have said that.

He averted his eyes from mine and messaged his temples.

"you don't know what you're saying" he muttered.

"I do, so how does it work?" I asked. He stared at me again

"you know, turning someone to become like you" I continued.

*Lucien

She definitely doesn't know what she's saying. There is more to it than she knows.

I don't want to turn her cause if I do I'll be stock with the urge to drink blood. It's like triggering the demon inside.

It fears me

I faked a smile and signaled her to offer her hand as I stretched out my hands.

She gasped " thanks for listening " she shierked happily. She dropped her hand on my palm and I immediately tapped her temples.