Chapter Thirty Two

*Jonquil

I did the dishes while Lucien helped clean the mess we made. The cooking lesson turned out to be a disaster, I burnt the pasta, we had serious food fight and we ended up ordering pizza. It was fun.

After the hard work, I collapsed on the couch, so did he. We sat in a comfortable silence, staring at the designed ceiling. I was happy, everything felt so normal and right, I almost forgot that he was a vampire, well who cares, I trust him with my life. I turned to look at him but he beat me to it. My heart skipped as I noticed the change in his eye color. It was pale, pale green

Celadon

That was what his eyes color were. The palest green that reminds me of the surface of the ocean when sunlight dances across. The beautiful part that hid the darkest and deepest secrets of the world.

I couldn't look away cause I was being swallowed deep into it, he was swallowing me, and I liked it. He smiled as if he noticed, "so..... What do you wanna do, danger?" he asked with a sly smirk

Let's fuck each other

"I'm not danger" I said as he pulled me to himself, typical Lucien, so possessive but I loved it. I rested my head on his chest with my hands wrapped around his neck. I really wanted to feel his lips clashing on mine, I missed them. "yes you are" he said and pecked my cheeks still smiling. He pecked my forehead then stared intensively at me. I caught a glimpse of guilt before it washed away quickly. Why was he feeling guilty, I hate when he isn't happy, it aches my heart. "I love you Olea and nothing is going to change that,...... I wish I could have all of you.... but I don't deserve it, I made you pass through hell because of me, I wonder if I'm.........".

My finger rested on his lips shushing him up, I didn't want to here any of that, "I don't care what ever pain I passed through, whatever made you not to deserve me....... I don't give a fuck. I love you and there's no other person that deserves me more than you". I kissed his lips

We broke it, he rested his forehead on mine and stared at me. "you lost your memories, Olea" my heart skipped as he said that. I already know that, I'm happy I do. "But, if you remember... Derek goes"

**********

*Cassey

"I need water" Derek said and sat on the couch "it's in the fridge, dumass" I smiled and closed my eyes resting my head on Nate. He groaned and stood up, "I'll get you for that" he yelled dramatically and walked to the kitchen. I chuckled and sat up "you can get some for me" I yelled and waited for his annoying replies but it didn't come. I just hope he isn't mad at me. "Derek!, I'm sorry okay..... I'm just really thirsty and you're the only guy for the job" I said as Nate chuckled deeply and I smiled.

Derek can be annoying but his also very funny. He says he wants to be an actor, it's cute.

I rested my head back and closed my eyes. "hey, Sage, could you please get me some water on your way back from the kitchen?", "sure", "and tell Derek, his a dick" Nate said and I giggled "he's not" I said and hit his chest lightly.

"thanks" he said to Sage "he ran to his room" she said flatly and walked out. I snatched the bottle of water an gurgled it down. Nate gasped, "no fair" I smiled and cleaned my mouth with my palm. "you were slow man, what did you expect" I said and rested back.

**********

I walked through the dark hallway with my sleepy eye, I couldn't really see cause my eyes were blinded with sleep. I yawned as I reached my room door. "Cassey", my name was called. I turned and kinda met Derek. "can we talk?", I nodded and followed him. The need to sleep was worse than I thought, I didn't even know what I was saying.

We stopped at the back porch which was smaller than the front. He sat on the short stairs and I followed suite. "why are you acting really weird?" I asked and yawned again. He didn't answer my question instead he stared at the sky and smiled, "I knew she would remember" he simply said and looked at me "i don't have much time left in this world anymore but when she gets back, tell her that she should keep on fight for what's hers and never let anyone take what's also hers". I raised a brow and stared that him, he was saying freaky things and I didn't like it "okay, what's going on?" I asked

More like "are u going cucu"

"and who is SHE" I continued the question. He stood up and took a walk. I just stared at him with those sleepy eyes of mine. Then he looked at me and said "I'm going to die soon", "what?"

My eyes were sharper than before, no sign of sleep and I skipped a beat. "I felt it earlier, my heart stopped pumping for a while", "you mean jonquil now remembers who Lucien is?". My question sounds like those questions with obvious answers. The stare he gave me was like that's the whole point of why I called you and I said it from the start

And I remembered when he said it. I chuckled but quickly changed my expression to a serious one. "how did this whole thing begin cause I'm lost in the whole memory thing"

He sighed and walked back then sat back. "the queen, Lucien's mom compelled me to protect him before she died and it was something that never left until he was calm and safe, I watched him all through his life and also made him to meet Hallie. That day in the palace, I wasn't there I wasn't watching and someone got hurt, it didn't occur to me that he loved her so I was happy that he didn't get hurt until lady Fiona came to me for help. It was to save her life and I saw the look on his face that day so broken and lost in his own whole. I made it happen, I brought her back but only one condition, I'll die. I agreed without thinking. I've been watching them and even after I wiped the memory of him from her brain, she was still attached to him, it was like there's a glue the doesn't want to unglue them. I felt the love he has for her, it was real and amazing and I was happy that I saved her life"

I blinked, twice, I enjoyed the story, it was awesome and touching. So that's how Lucien feels for jonquil, I wish Nate will love me like that. "how do you think she remembered?", "I don't know, their bond is too strong", "so you're like 500 years old" I said and chuckled he nodded. "you look young, like really young" he smiled "it's magic"

We were quiet for a while and I saw the worried look on his face. "what's wrong?" I asked, he raked his fingers through his hair

"well if she remembers, she remembers everything including the pain she felt"