Chapter Fifty

Her body pale, lips red, eyes dark, she looked at me and walked away with her red long dress and curled brown hair dancing to the movement of the wind. The tiny snow flakes fell slowly as she moved, I couldn't stop her, she looked different. That's when she looked over her shoulder and said....... "I will always love you"

I woke up and looked around, I wasn't at the palace anymore, they threw me outside on the snow. I stood up and dusted my body. It was already dark, I had to finalize everything going on in my life, either he dies or for that to happen he'll go with me to hell. Caleb and Tiger were no where to be found but I guess they'll find their way on their own.

*Rex

I laughed and pushed her to the edge of the cliff, "I'm gonna make it easier for your husband to find you" I said to her and brought out a dagger. She moved backwards untill she was closer to the edge. She stopped and brought out a small knife. I smiled "love,... You don't wanna end up like my dead girlfriend, do you?" I asked. She raised her hand and tore herself wincing after it. I gasped in suprise, she really has faith that he'll win against me.

Evil never fails.

"thanks for that" I said

*Lucien

I walked deeper in the woods, "he should be around here, somewhere" I thought and winced after tripping on the tree root that unwantedly creeped out of the ground. Suddenly the smell of my favorite food, my favorite blood evolved in the air. I took in the sweet metallic scent before taking off, only I know who bears this blood and its gonna take me to her. I just hope he doesn't touch her.

I stood for a while and looked way up the cliff, it was so high, I've never seen this place before and this is where Rex wants to end our lives. I bet from up there you can see the whole world, and I'll look so hidden with the tiny trees covering me. I need to get up there and there is only one way, climbing.

*Jonquil

He walked closer to me, with those smile that read evil intentions. I couldn't move cause if I step back, I'll fall and if I move forward he'll drain me. Luckily he came for me.

"don't go any further" he commanded and Rex froze. He smiled at me, "your problem is with me, face me like a man" he said. Rex turned to face him. Then, he moved faster than I've ever imagined and punched Lucien on the face, I winced at the hearing of it. "please don't hurt him" I said. He laughed and kicked him on his side making him to groan. "this is it, Lucien..... I'm not letting you go this time. I'll torture you till you die and your lovely family will watch me" he laughed. Suddenly, Lucien grabbed his leg and he fell, face flat on the ground.

I really don't want to watch them fight, maybe I'll reason with them and everything will be alright. As I took a step, the baby kicked, I gasped loudly. I felt wet so I looked at my feet and saw my wet dress. I didn't want to disturb him from the fight if not, he'll lose. The pain I felt was unbearable, I was in labor and at the worse moments of my life. I winced and held my knee for balance but it didn't work, I fell to the ground. I guess he noticed, he looked at me then gave Rex a punch before running to me. He stretched his hand to pick me but he was pulled away with force by Rex. Rex held his hand and cracked it to the back, I heard the crack and felt it. Lucien groaned in pain holding his broken and fractured arm.

Rex backed me while looking at Lucien in his weakened state. I couldn't bear the pain he felt just because of me. I held Rex leg as he was about to move, that's the least I could do since I'm not a vampire or a trained fighter. He turned and looked at me with anger in his eyes "bitch!" he said and wiggled his leg out of my very tight grip then kicked me..... off the cliff.

"No!"

My heartbeat slowed, ears sharp, eyes wide open. His smiling image became further as I fell, he looked smaller, all these things became clear. I could hear my heart beat, the speed at which my blood flowed through me. It was my death that was coming. I heard a crack, it came from my body, my breathing slowed as the snow fell to my face then the after effect was unbearable pain.

My last breath, I looked to my side and saw the blood stained snow. Just like my mother use to say. "when comes the white cold come the metallic taste and smell of blood", I could taste the blood in my mouth, I was losing blood to the snow.

Was I wrong for ever loving a vampire?, did I make the worse mistake of my life by getting involved with a vampire?. I guess Rex was right after all.

The End......