CHAPTER 13 - The Storage Units and Bath House

*****

A YEAR AGO BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE

After eating her dinner and then cleaning the dishes and setting them aside, she went back to the room where she had left before, sat down, and readied again the rifle by her side as she reached for her journal to continue writing where she had last stopped before.

First, she looked out through her binoculars to watch out for anything else like movement from any living or non-living hostiles but saw nothing, even though it was dark at nighttime now.

She made one more sweep around looking through the night-vision-equipped binoculars before she set them down and then opened her journal and then write on and continue the entry she stopped for.

*****

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY UNKNOWN, 5TH MONTH MAY, YEAR 2XXX

Hey, it's me again.

I had finished dispatching the zombies that were the source of movements I've seen before. They are Omega types but I managed to shoot them all down with my sniper rifle despite they were running. I had loads of practice from the first kills of these Omega zombies long ago and I'm getting pretty good with my sharp-shooting skills with my sniper.

Anyway, the last part I had already written here was that I had described that I've finished making up the greenhouse and water units.

Now, I'll write and describe the bathhouse and storage units.

First for the bathhouse, or rather the bathing units to clean me for the life of hygiene.

It's too much work to try to make and build a working shower or try to fix the plumbing for the waterworks, so I just put in the designated bathrooms with a large gallon to fill it up with clean water from the filters and then closed it up with perfect sealed lids to store it for cleaning use. Then there are just a few buckets to get the water from the gallons and then bring them to the bath and clean me with a simple pail.

Even though the water would be cold when stored for a long time, I just heat half of the water from the bucket and to the kettle burning from the portable stove and then mix it with the other cold half on the bucket to make it nice and warm.

I limit myself with the use of water for my bathing and cleaning use and made sure that I don't overdo it or waste the water for anything else except for drinking, cleaning, and bathing.

The next and the final one is the storage units.

In about three to four rooms, where I keep storage on food, supplies, other necessities, and weapons.

In two rooms, there are those other things that I placed and sorted the packed and boxed food that can be stored long-lasting.

In one room, there is the stuff I had placed and sorted the packed and boxed supplies and necessities like toilet paper, sanitary products, bath products, duct tape, wood, building materials, and other things like that.

The last room is where I stored all the weapons, all kinds of weapons in use for me to fight and survive in the apocalypse against the enemies there. The sharp blades, blunt weapons like hammers or bats, and last but not least guns. Both standard issues and military types. Also, some of the guns are equipped with silencers. Those without the silencers, I use them only for later use in the future or in desperate need.

Concerning the weaponry for the safety and security of my well-being and Safe Haven. Of course, this is as follows on my survival list.

RULE #9: Use anything as a weapon and improvise.

In the event, besides using guns or blades as needed weapons for defense and offense, I should start to learn to make and improvise more by creating or inventing other sorts of weapons, to defend myself against threats and enemies.

Okay, I think that's all for it.

Everything about what I've done and set up the place and sorted all the stuff out here in Safe Haven.

Now the next entry I might be writing soon in my journal is about what I've been doing and what I have experienced, like the watch out for zombies or lookout for any survivors or hostile living enemies out there during the zombie apocalypse.

Right then, I'll stop for this day and then rest and go to sleep for another one.

Until the next time, I guess.

This is Eden signing off.

*****

After she finished writing the entry, she sighed and then looked outside once more as if trying to spot movement, before she packed up her stuff and went back upstairs on the roof deck to sleep and rest for another day, which is usual for Eden's life staying in the zombie apocalypse.

*****

*****