CHAPTER 19 - Survival Training and Watching

*****

Time has passed by, almost fast like a blur, but in reality, it's only been two weeks that have already gone by and it's now the new month in the apocalyptic Z-city.

The children Michael and Annie were happily playing with Archer the puppy in Safe Haven, and they were mindful of the traps that their adult guardian had placed around inside, while also being watched and guarded over by Luna, as the big female wolf-dog relaxed in one spot, lying down but eyes attentively looking after its pup and the two human kids.

Meanwhile, Eden was busy exercising and training herself on top of the rooftop, enduring the heat of the sun shining down over her, despite the tarp covers tented up to block the sunlight. She was sweating heavily but not stopping at all on her tasks into completing 50 lift-ups on a make-shift exercise bar.

After she was done with the lift-ups, Eden gracefully landed on her feet and moved to do 50 push-ups this time, still not stopping to take a short break, even as the loose exercise clothes are almost completely soaked with her sweat and she's starting to pant and breathe heavily with exhaustion.

Just as Eden felt her arms and legs trembling with slightly painful cramps from the push-ups, she had reached up to thirty before she decided to stop and moved to sit on her bottom and rest for a short moment, even though she looked very tired with a sound sigh released from her mouth.

She sat there, legs outstretched and sitting upright with hands flat behind her back on the floor, taking deep breaths like she's trying to fight the exhaustion and fatigue she's starting to feel within her so that she'll continue her grueling exercises to get stronger and faster to survive.

It seemed that she was doing all her best and effort to increase the training more to do so, even though it looks like it's taking quite a toll on her since it's her first time going through this kind of harsh and very hard training regime.

Almost a few feet away from her, there is the same baby monitor she turned on, to hear and watch out for any intruders or dangers about, and there's also a music-player device beside it, but it is playing music at a very low volume like a whisper, to make Eden feel a little soothed and energized from the music while she does the exercises.

It seemed strange for Eden to listen to music with soft murmuring sounds while listening sharply alert at the monitor device at the same time, but it looked like she was used to this and was firm on her new lifestyle choices to deal with it.

After a few minutes of whatever short break there is, Eden swiftly continued her exercises, moving to finish the push-ups she hadn't done yet and when she's done with that, she'll move on to the special kind of exercises, which are wielding her hand-made weapons to better use.

After Eden was done with the basic warm-up exercises, she changed her clothes up there on the rooftop and didn't bother to wash up since she is going to continue up there and wore slightly body-tight fitted clothes to start on the special exercises with weapon-wielding.

When she picked up the double-bladed modified spear, it looked newer than the previous one before and it seemed that Eden has improved her skills in weapons-crafting as there seemed to be more hand-made weapons nearby her feet, and there are also other weapons she obtained from the previous runs, such as a new long-bow and a quiver of very sharp arrows, as well as a swift strong-looking crossbow lying there, beside her home-made ones.

Eden took her position and inhaled one deep breath, brandishing her new spear held up by one hand outstretched in front of her, before she started twirling and spinning it around, jabbing and striking at invisible enemies and such, trying to wield her spear weapon into the expert level.