CHAPTER 39 - Trust Issues

*****

Three days have passed by and it's now the fourth and almost near the very last week of October month in Z-city.

It seems that the time passing on and going by is going off either at a good peaceful start or rather at an awkward rocky one since Eden seemed to be at some kind of odds against one particular person in the group, that is the martial-arts fighting man Ryu.

Granted, it only concerns the little secret kept between them, centering on Eden's part, but it looks like she's been anxious about it that the few others started noticing this and asked her what was wrong with her, and she refused to talk about it.

It wasn't long until Ryu figured out what is truly the matter with her and he brought Eden along to a secluded spot so they can talk privately and hash out whatever conversation Eden needs to discuss with Ryu about and anything else that was on her doubtful ringing mind. And it seems that their private talk had worked because Eden looked more relaxed and relieved than before since whatever she and Ryu had talked and conversed about, it seems to ease all the doubts in her head when she had them.

After that, during the past two days out of the three that's gone by, Eden seemed to be in a daze like she was reminiscing over her memories distantly or something, and it made her appear like she was wandering around like a sleepwalker or a mindless zombie, which the latter part had to be dealt with by Talia and Sahara instantly when they noticed that her dazed actions are almost frightening the children upon seeing it.

Eden shook her head and blink in surprise whenever the two women snap her out of the memory daze, and she blushed in embarrassment upon not realizing or being aware of herself whenever she was in that deep thinking funk or something. Eden was glad that the children were not overly frightened over her strange sleepwalker actions and such, but she decided to keep her distant mind off on things, such as increasing her daily routine of training and exercising herself, both physically and mentally fit, as well as holing herself into one empty room in case there's nothing else to do besides the self-training, guard watch duties, and house chores in Safe Haven.

It was on the third day of that time during the three days that Eden finally decided to lay back in her room and relax for a bit, reaching to take out her journal from its hiding place, not worrying that someone might come by and see her write into it since Ryu now knows about it and will hold the others off from disturbing her as she wrote. Eden was thoughtful for a silent moment like she was wondering what she should write on it and then after a minute or two, she blinked and her hand moved to write the new entry into it.

*****

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY UNKNOWN, 10TH MONTH OCTOBER, YEAR 2XXX

Hey, it's Eden again.

It's been three days later that's gone and passed by since the last time that Ryu found out the truth about my journal, read it but not the whole thing, and promised to keep it secret over it.

I'm relieved that he didn't see the entirety of my journal from start to finish. I don't like the fact that someone knows my inner self and thoughts, what I have gone through and suffered on my own, even though I have been sane since the very beginning of the zombie apocalypse and everything else that has happened.

I'm glad that I caught him on it and stopped from continuing to read through the whole journal, for I didn't feel like burning the book since it's been my solace and salvation throughout almost two years here in Safe Haven of Z-city.

Granted that Ryu understood how I felt about him knowing my secret, it seems that both of us needed a heart-to-heart kind of talk when I seem to continue being distrustful and doubtful towards him, only because he knows about the journal.