CHAPTER 27 - Easy or Hard Choices

*****

It was the next new day later since the previous one, exactly when Eden returned to Safe Haven from her lookout post and watch duties on her first assessment about the new living survivors that are there in Z-city.

Eden came back home to Safe Haven the last night before since she saw nothing more about the people from her intently staring sights, but she's not giving up to look over and stare at them more as she prepared and readied herself for another day of stalking and watching the potential friendly survivors at that time and day.

Her children Michael and Annie were delighted to have her back when she returned last night, but then they instantly became disappointed and upset when Eden told them that she'll still go out more to continue watching the survivors and see if they are friendly or not. They understood what she was saying but they didn't like that they were being left alone for almost two whole days since she's been gone from the first one over watching the new group of survivors that came passing through and into Z-city.

Despite that the kids and Archer the puppy already have food essentially prepared and made by their guardian while she's gone out on the city runs but they understand that this is important to know more about the people before Eden decides whether they can be taken and brought to Safe Haven or not. Eden reassured them once more that she'll be back safe and alive and well once she's done with her final assessment, and also reminded them about the walkie-talkie comm they still have on their hands and they can contact her if they want and that she'll contact them to let them know she's alright and everything.

After Eden prepared the meals for breakfast and lunch, she went and took breakfast with her group there in Safe Haven, and covered the meals for lunch later for the children and the puppy, and when they finished, she gave Michael and Annie touching goodbyes and firmly ordered the puppy, Archer, to look after them well, even though the growing small dog seems to understand a bit and follow orders besides looking playful as it is a puppy after all.

But after Eden is satisfied that her children will be fine, she left Safe Haven with Luna again and drove through Z-city in the same black motorcycle she had always used back then before up to now, without changing her mind about switching vehicles to another, as she drove to the same spot where the survivors are still holding up over there and taking shelter temporarily for the time being or so.

Eden went into the same building that she set up as a lookout and watch post, got into the same room the day before, and then readied her position, as usual, to keep a close watch and stare at the group of survivors right across from her place, with binoculars and the sniper rifle's scope again, that she brought with her.

Eden silently sat down on the chair after cleaning it a little, and quietly set the essentials out, including the packed snacks and sandwiches she brought, since she might be staying in there for another whole day until sundown or night-time again, and it will depend on the situation or something that might enforce the hard decision onto her whether she should stay the night over or not, if anything else happens or something even worse or so.

Eden patted Luna who lay quietly beside her and behaved obediently as it turns its head to look over to where she was looking too with ears perked up high on its head. Eden smiled at the sight from her loyal dog before she snapped herself out of it and focused on looking through the binoculars and sharply staring right at the survivors moving about from the other building across from her very eyes and see more of what was going to be revealed about this group of survivors before her.

So far there's nothing and the only thing still that's being shown or revealed to her very eyes through both scopes is that they are friendly kinds of people and there's nothing maliciously hidden from them or anything nefarious or bad that she can see about them.