CHAPTER 30 - Safe Haven's New Survivors

*****

It was now the first days of the second week of the new month of October there in Safe Haven of Z-city. Also, it looked like Eden succeeded in her mission upon returning home and bringing back the new group of people to her safe place, introducing them to her children and dogs, and then settling them in their new secure shelter and home in Safe Haven.

When they were first brought there, they were a little wary at the sight of the abandoned building from the outside but when Eden let them in as they got there by climbing up the dangerous ladder up to the rooftop and bringing them inside, they were shocked by the safe and secure set up she made around and inside the building itself and were astonished to discover that she's been living in Z-city for more than a year since the zombie outbreak and the apocalypse first happened, along with her rescuing and taking in the two children and dogs.

Speaking of which, it looks like the two overprotective men from the new group have stopped distrusting Eden when she guided them to Safe Haven, but now the distrusting role has switched to Luna, for the mother dog kept growling and snarling at them like it knows how they treated her master and was very displeased about it.

Eden tried her best to stop the dog and calm the canine down but Luna didn't stop as it took every chance and opportunity to scare the two men silly by barking at them or snapping at their feet whenever they were not looking or aware of it when it sneaked behind them or so.

Luckily, it becomes docile and politely friendly because of the added children that both groups are delighted to meet with one another and were happy to be close friends, which also excited the growing puppy Archer as the little ones frolicked around Safe Haven, playing games and everything but Michael and Annie still remember about the traps that their guardian Eden has placed inside Safe Haven.

As Eden gave them the grand tour, including showing off the modified home-made traps she had made and set up inside the secure building, the new survivors were astonished and in wonder at how Eden has massively gathered and vastly stored so many supplies and stuff, as well as improvising and creating such lengths to make and get more, like growing indoor fruits and vegetables, inventing equipment for daily use and other important survival necessities, hygienic bathing facilities, and everything else.

Now, in a house-warming welcoming party of sorts, Eden and the young women of the new survivor group are cooking and making up the grand luncheon meals for all of them, and the others also helped them out by setting up the table and room where they all gather to sit and dine in, as the children were distracted on playing on one of their fun games together with Archer the puppy following gleefully after them and Luna was watching and guarding over the children.

Once Lunch was finally finished and set up, Eden went to call for the children, nearly dodging and stepping aside when four of the new group darted past her, almost bumping into the adult woman, and then she almost burst out laughing at the sight when she saw Michael and Annie chasing after their new friends like they didn't want to lose their game.

She softly yelled to them that the food is ready and the children instantly stopped playing upon hearing the calls and ran in the direction of the dining room where the others are Eden watched with a small smile when they went dashing over there.

Then she shook her head and went to the room where she and her two kids shared, and it looks like she didn't mind sharing the same hallway as the other rooms beside theirs with the new people, as she is content and happy that the others trust her and were glad to be taken to Safe Haven and allowed to live there with them.

It looked like Eden needs to work on writing a new entry in her hidden journal before she joins the others for lunch, and it turned out to be true as she looked around covertly like she was making sure that the others aren't around to notice her gone before she got into the room, took out the journal and swiftly went to write a quick entry into it before somebody else comes looking.