CHAPTER 32 - Helping Out

*****

It was another three days later in that second week and nearing the end of it until the new next week of the month follows later in the future in Z-city. And it looks like Eden is having some sort of fun time in her life than what she experienced before with her children and her dogs, much better than ever with the new people in her group.

Granted, it's not the kind of fun and games that the six children are currently playing as they always do when they enjoy and relax the fun with each other.

No, it seemed that it looks like Eden is getting along more and more with the others in the group, and it seemed it's starting to grow into a good friendship and solid alliance, united together to survive through this zombie apocalypse.

At certain times, during the days as they pass on and go on by, Eden would be seen helping Talia, Sahara, and Nadia out with the chores, especially by being careful with the home-grown plants and ensuring that they won't be harmed or wilt and die, for they needed the growing supplies harvested for them in the later future. As for Mother Ying and Ole Bessie, Eden shared her skills in weaving and sewing new clothes, blankets, and necessities such as female hygiene for the later future when needed in the harsh winters or the supply of napkins runs out empty for the females' monthly use during their periods as so.

As for the men, Eden showed the devices, including the homemade modified ones to Homer and Mark, and got them to help out by working on them more, improvising them to better use, and fixing them up as security and safety measures for Safe Haven.

Lastly and finally then, there are Ryu and Daiyu, which Eden is getting solid ground into gaining more of their trust towards her, as from time to time, during the physical exercises and training, she was not alone anymore up on the rooftop doing them and had the two men joining her, with either both or one of the training with her and the other would stand on guard and watch on the lookout for any dangers to Safe Haven.

It looks like the slightly grown and almost big group has finally established a routine for the entirety of everything there, ensuring their survival and security in Safe Haven of Z-city. And it also looks like Eden's new people weren't anxious at all about making any more plans or something like that to leave and get out of Z-city and explore more out there, since they believed that they were safe and secure for the time being in Eden's safe secure place.

It also shows that they're not willing to leave anytime soon, despite that they knew very well that they are stuck in the middle of a zombie-infested city, staying there for a long while or so. For it seems that they must have made a secret decision earlier before they decided to stay with Eden and her small group.

While Sahara and Nadia are busy cooking dinner for all of them, Talia watching out for the children and cares for them as they play around with the two dogs Luna and Archer that are there with them, the two old women busy with more house-work and chores, and Homer and Mark still working on the security measures and the devices to make them better for the safety in Safe Haven.

For Eden, she is up there on the rooftop, taking the night-watch duties, while trying to make sure that the two men with her on the roof do not notice that she's aware of the training with one another, even though it looks like Eden wanted to turn around from her lookout and watch them train and fight.

She tried to ignore the sounds of Ryu and Daiyu exchanging blows upon their fighting training each other with a katana sword and double-bladed spear that she gathered and made the weapons before, and it didn't take long for about an hour or so for Talia to come up and call for them that dinner is ready.

Ryu and Daiyu instantly stopped fighting from the call and went past her to clean themselves up and join them in the dinner gathering and as Talia turned towards Eden, asking her if she was coming, she gestured and replied that she'll join them in a minute later that she needs to settle things up there first before joining the others.