CHAPTER 33 - Peaceful Yet Tensions

*****

It was now the second week of the month in Z-city, and even though everything seemed peaceful there, it looks like there also seemed to be some sort of cold chilling silence and eerie tension spreading in the atmosphere, making it appear like the calm before the storm or something ominous like that.

Eden seemed to think that way as her whole being showed the same tension as she had seen or felt upon sensing it, and it looks like a few others are starting to notice or feel the same way as she does, which these specific people are only Ryu, Daiyu, and Mark. That's including Eden's loyal wolf-dog Luna, who kept sticking around by her side worriedly like its keen canine senses also felt the tension and the dog was very overprotective with its master and the children.

Fortunately, the others, even the kids haven't noticed the tension yet from their four guardians of the whole group, but it looks like it won't be long before they start noticing it, despite that the four of them are doing their best to hide it from them for protecting the kind of quiet peace they're content in feeling through since the last few days in Safe Haven.

But Eden and the three men should have known better than to get their hopes up so that the others won't find out what's going on with them, for something happened during one of the days that has gone on the second week, which almost caused alarm to the group, frightening them slightly, and had gotten the protectors on high red-alert when it did.

Luckily, it's not something terrifying or something horrifyingly unexpected that will catch them off-guard, but after that certain 'incident' of sorts, Eden and the three guys were being hyper-aware and on high alert since then. Mark had Homer working almost over time to get busy modifying, improvising, and fixing the security monitors and alarm devices to ensure the safety measures of their new home in Safe Haven.

Ryu and Daiyu started to intensify more of the fighting lessons and training with Eden, and despite that the two men are tiring the poor woman to the point of over-exhaustion, the lone survivor of Z-city continued to endure through it and was determined to learn and know everything from the two expert martial-arts fighters to be a better fighter and survivor for her two children and the group.

Sahara and Nadia were trying their best to not show their anxiety and nervousness to their little ones after the small incident that happened before, and Talia is also doing her best to not show the fretful expressions on her very being upon caring and looking after the kids, as well as the two old women she's also doting on and caring for.

The six children and Homer were the only ones not aware or concerned at all as they were unaware and oblivious to what happened in the incident before because they were left out of it by their protective guardians. But then Homer became aware of it already when Mark got him alongside working too much on fixing up the alarm devices and getting busy onto them swiftly so that the security measures will be increased into better use.

The two elderly women, Talia, and the growing puppy dog Archer did a good job of distracting the children from any other worries in case they might notice it sooner than later. But it looks like the others weren't getting too concerned or worried too much over the incident as they try to relax more throughout the next days as time passes.

It was exactly four days later that has gone on the second week as that time passed by, and Eden had just finished another round of sparring and training with Ryu and Daiyu, as she went downstairs, twisting around her shoulders slightly like she was trying to relax her bruised numbing being or removing some kinks inside her body.

Eden glanced around and about when she slowly went downstairs and inside Safe Haven, and saw that Mark and Homer are working busily on the devices, the children were being looked after by Talia, Mother Ying, and Ole Bessie, and finally, Sahara and Nadia were busy cooking for their dinner later on as it is the late afternoon, nearing sundown that day. Ryu and Daiyu were following down right behind Eden and she moved aside to let the two men pass as they went straight to check on their young child and little brother Haru, then Eden went to her room to rest for a moment there until they were all called to gather for dinner later on.