The Talk

"Wasted times I spent with someone else
She wasn't even half of you"

"Cause if it's love you want again, don't waste your time, But if you call me up, I'm fuckin' you on sight"

"Just call me up again, I'll make you weak
Girl, I'll come and put myself between your lips, Not between your heart
Can't you see?"

Selena's POV

For the first time I've listened to My Dear Melancholy,

For the first time I've listened to My Dear Melancholy, ..the entire ep. Listened to word for word. Hearing it made me feel like I should back off. After Try Me, it went downhill from there. From wasted times to Hurt You. No way it's not about me. Bella didn't have a boyfriend during and after we broke up. So he's talking about the times I was with Justin. Oh I was so furious. I wasted no time by calling Julia and Justin so that I could be in the studio. I needed to get some things off of my chest.

Julia and Justin saw the sassiness in her as she was in the booth. She felt her phone vibrate as she pulled it out as she continued to sing. She looked at her phone seeing it was Abel calling her. She clinched her hand with her phone in her hand as she moved it down to her side. After recording she felt good. She felt a lot better but she knew she couldn't put that on the album. "I don't want it on the album. I want it scrapped." Julia was relieved because she knew that's not how Selena truly felt about Abel. "Selena trust me I know you we're just blowing off a little steam but you have to understand that ep was awhile back when you went back to Justin. It isn't how he feels right now" Justin told her. "I agree with Justin, Selena just call him up and see how he's doing for starters."

Selena knew that Justin and Julia were right. How on earth is she supposed to know how he truly feels if she keeps avoiding his calls. After the studio session she sat in her car in the garage. She had Prince "I Wanna Be Your Lover" playing low. She took a deep breath as she hit the call button.

Oh, the city's cold and empty
No one's around to judge me
I can't see clearly when you're gone
I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this
You're the one I trust

Abel was listening to the track that he just recorded for his next album when his phone started vibrating. He was smoking a cigarette which he hasn't done in a long time but he's been dealing with a lot of things that he just started again. He put it in the ashtray as he pulled out his phone seeing it was Selena. "Yo... I'll be back" Abel got up and walked up the stairs as he hit answer as he put the phone to his ear. "Hello?" It was a long pause before she spoke back softly "Hi Abel..." They both were shocked to hear each other's voices through the phone. It's been so long. "How are you?" She asked him as he was smiling through the phone. "I'm good. I'm feeling beyond good. Just at home in my little studio—" she cut him off "so am I but at an actual studio."

"Recording for your album?" He asked her. "Yes. I am." Abel couldn't believe she called him. He knew Luka told her he's been calling her and he's okay with it. He noticed Prince "I wanna be your lover" was playing in the background. "Wait is that Prince I wanna be your lover?!" He was shocked that she was listening to him. "Yes.. I listen to Prince." She chuckled as she heard his fake gasped. "I love him. My mom used to play him all the time as I grew up. My mom and dad actually. I told you this before silly. I didn't listen to him as much.. but I did when you started introducing me into his major hits. I used to listen to mainly his purple rain album."

"Hmm.." she laughed at him. "What Abel?" He was wondering why of all songs when she could be playing Purple Rain, Little Red Corvette, 1999, When Doves Cry, she's playing the song he dedicated to her. It made him feel a little less shy and more confident to talk to her. He wanted to see her in person. "Nothing Selena. Are you in California right now?" She told him she was as he responded quickly "If you don't mind, would you like to meet up? If you don't want to it's okay, I just need to see you. I feel a lot comfortable if I could speak to you in person." Selena remember the words about him fucking her on sight if she called him up so she hesitated on doing so. "How about we meet somewhere in public" Abel was a little confused. "Why would you want to do that? Paparazzi would spot us unless that's what you want to happen."

"Well we can meet up at one of our houses.... I'd say mines but I'm sure they would spot us." Being spotted by the paparazzi is the last thing she wanted. She knows the moment that would happen rumors would be spread around and she wasn't in the mood for all of that. "I can be careful. I promise they won't spot me just.. I can hit you up when I'm close so that you could open up your gate." She agreed to that so she told him to find a pen and paper so that she could have him take down her address. "I can't wait to see you" he told her. "I'll see you around 11?" He agreed.

TO BE CONTINUED

Who's excited for them to meet up? 😃 again thank you so much for all the love.