Sniffles and Snuggleforts (Spidermom)

***Sorry, you guys probably thought I was dead (to be fair Organic Chemistry made me feel dead and End of Term parties probably killed my liver). I'm absolutely shocked, and so happy, that people kept commenting and giving kudos while I was out! Thank you!! I'll try to keep going though! Hope you enjoy!

"Hey, Peter?" Natasha's knuckles rapped against the door. "Any requests for dinner?"

Natasha had been on a solo mission and Peter wasn't technically part of the Avengers so neither of them had responded to the newest alien chaos in Times Square. It also meant that they were the only ones in the tower.

"I think I'm good today." Peter responded through the closed door.

Natasha immediately picked up on the slight hoarseness of his voice. She also remembered that Peter had the appetite of a beast; he wouldn't turn down a meal. "What's up Peter?"

"Nothing, just had a big lunch." There was a suppressed cough on the other side of the door.

Natasha sighed, surely loud enough for Peter's enhanced hearing to pick up on. She hadn't actually known 'Peter Parker' for very long, but her instincts told her that he was a good kid, and she was inclined to believe them. She twisted the doorknob. "I'm coming in."

She heard frantic shuffling and walked through the doorway just in time to see Peter chuck a blue blanket into the closet. There was still a large variety of blankets scattered haphazardly on the bed and floor.

He stood with one hand behind his back and one on his stomach. "I'm really full. I'll just get to all the homework I have to do and -" Peter's excuses were cut off by a bout of hacking.

"Did you have a fort set up?" Natasha asked, surveying the room and ignoring Peter's pathetic lying attempt.

"No." Peter's blush hinted otherwise though. Natasha resolved to teach the kid how to lie after he was better because this was just sad. She did feel a bit warm and fuzzy with the confirmation that he was so innocent though.

She took in the scene for another moment. She wasn't great with children: her childhood wasn't exactly typical. She also didn't see herself as the nurturing type. Peter was in high school - he could handle himself. She could just go watch some TV and get something to eat.

Inexplicably, she couldn't do that. It was possible she was more motherly than she let on. "I'll help you rebuild it - we can make it better."

"You don't have to. I don't want to get you sick. I'm not a child, and really, I'm used to taking care of it on my own."

Natasha's heart lurched with empathy for the fake smile Peter had on his face, coupling with the red nose and ashen skin for a truly miserable expression.

"You think I can't make a better pillow fort? Is that a challenge?" With a smirk, Natasha stalked out of the room only to return minutes later with a large stack of Tony's fancy blankets.

"Wait, those are Mr. Stark's-" Peter's protests were cut off by a large cashmere blanket being chucked directly at his face. He still seemed a bit apprehensive, the blankets were all made of exotic, expensive materials, but Natasha knew he would relax once the fun started.

"Use a web to stick this one there on the ceiling." Nat pointed at the spots she couldn't immediately reach and gave directions to Peter. "These ones can drape over this part to separate sections."

"I think this one looks like a good door, can I go hang it over by the entrance Ms. Widow?"

"That's a great idea! You don't have to ask by the way, and don't call me Ms. Widow - it's Nat."