Stop Talking - (Platonic Avengers)

Requested by LordLuminous:

Prompt Idea for you: The Daily Bugle says Spider-Man is a terrible hero for multiple reasons and make Peter feel bad, so the other Avengers storm the Daily Bugle head office to tell at J. Jonah Jameson.
*I took some liberties on the comic book universe in this one.

"A job?" Bruce raised an eyebrow at Peter. "Do you even have time for that?"

"Well sorta. It's just temp work for The Daily Bugle. I get paid for pictures of Spiderman." Peter shrugged as he grabbed another handful of pretzels from the bowl on the countertop.

"And the employees there aren't suspicious about how you're able to obtain photos that no one else can?" Natasha looked at him suspiciously. "Do you only get pictures of Spiderman?"

"Well, as a photojournalist, my identity is protected from all of the employees except for the boss, who can't say anything about that. Plus, I pose them so they aren't too good." He turned to face Natasha. "I don't take any pictures of you guys. It wouldn't be right without asking permission. I'm not actually paparazzi."

"How do you take pictures of yourself? I don't ever see any Spidey selfies." Clint laughed at the idea.

"Ned or MJ take them usually. They know where I am and what I'm doing. I just give the excuses, pose sometimes, and pass them onto The Bugle. Then we split the money."

Natasha nodded approvingly. "Sounds like a good scam to me."

"It's not really a scam. I just-" Natasha just smirked at Peter's attempted explanation.

"Who's getting scamed?" Tony came through the door, eager for interesting news after his business meeting. Pepper followed him with a mildly exasperated expression on her face.

"The Daily Bugle."

"Oh, I never read that one. How so?"

"I don't think any of us do, but Peter has a "job" there and it's a scam." Clint put air quotes around job and mischievously grinned at Peter.

Nearly chocking on his food, Peter tried to protest, but he was cut off.

"Why're you scamming The Daily Bugle kid?"

"It's a job."

"Why did you get a job? I can buy anything you need. You don't have time for a job with the whole school and underoos gig. Plus, at a newspaper company? I know engineering firms and chemical companies that would take you at the drop of a hat. Just give me the word."

"Tony, slow down." Pepper patted his back. "How is his job a scam? They aren't taking advantage of you are they Peter?"

"No Peter's the scammer." Clint's proud smile grew larger.

Tony snorted. "Peter would never."

"Well it's not necessarily a scam." Bruce gently reminded Clint.

In a few minutes, filled with many, many interruptions, Pepper and Tony we're finally filled in.

"I've gotta run an errand and get to Ned's for a study session. See you guys later." Peter rushed off.

"Well, in that case, should we read some Spidey articles from The Daily Bugle?" Bruce suggested.

"JARVIS, pull em up."

"Confirming subscription to The Daily Bugle. There are twenty-three articles that reference Spiderman. Fifteen of them have Spiderman as the main focus. Shall I pull up the most recent?"

Three articles appeared on a screen in front of Tony, who frowned at the titles.

"Spiderman: Vigilante Menace."