Chapter 7 / You must have survived

When Yibo was called to the basement that day, he knew that there was someone else who would not leave the basement alive. He opened the door and stepped inside and looked into the red howled eyes of his sister-in-law. His big brother told him what his wife had told him. That she is an agent, set to convict the father of the two of his crimes. That she changed sides a long time ago and didn't give any information to the headquarters, that she loved her husband and looked forward to their child together and that Zhan is a special agent. She had unpacked everything.

After she unpacked everything, Hai Kuan stabbed her in the stomach with a Bowie knife, then in the chest and finally he cut her throat and as if that wasn't enough, he put a bullet in her head. Yibo was shocked by his brother's brutal nature and was shocked to even kill his own baby. But he was also mad, mad at his husband he loved so much and tried to trust. Now he was no longer surprised why Zhan wanted to go out alone all the time. But the thought of having to kill Zhan now hit him more than his husband is a special agent.

Yibo thought about what to do now. He didn't want to kill Zhan, but he also knew that he couldn't let him live. Finally, he decided to take Zhan to a bridge in the middle of the night. He wanted to shoot him and throw him down the bridge and hoped he would survive. He hated the thought that Zhan wanted to spy on him, but when his now dead sister-in-law told him that Zhan had long had feelings for him and was only there to help Yibo, he couldn't kill him.

With tears in his eyes, he pointed the gun at Zhan. He had to make it look real, he had to make it clear to Zhan that he should never come near him again. He forced himself into words he never wanted to say. "Special Agent Xiao Zhan, it was an honor to get your attention. But as of today it's over!" He pointed his gun at Zhan's face. "From now on you won't fool me or anyone else. You will die and I will help you. Because I want to make sure I never have to see you again." He said to Zhan.

Yibo saw the horrified look of Zhan. "Your camouflage was quite good, at least I fell for it. All those lies about you. Luckily, Yue Fei had a clear mind and cleared the table before my brother took care of her. Any last words?" Yibo asked. Zhan looked at him sadly and it broke Yibo's heart. Tears ran out of his eyes. "I love you. Do what you brought me here for. I'll die with a good conscience." Zhan replied, who also struggled with his feelings.

Yibo could hardly aim because of his tears. He pointed the gun at Zhan's shoulder, at least he thought it was his shoulder and pulled the trigger. He wiped the tears from his eyes and realized in horror that he had shot Zhan in the chest. Zhan fell backwards over the railing and into the icy water. Yibo ran to the railing and screamed. "I'm sorry Zhan, I didn't want that. I'm sorry. I love you Zhan. You have to survive. Please don't die." In the darkness he could not see Zhan in the dark murky water. He knelt on the railing and wept bitterly.

"Please, Zhan, you must have survived this. I beg you." He said and sat down on the railing. His hands trembled uncontrollably and he cried his eyes out. Only two hours later had he caught enough to return home. That day he didn't go to work. He lay in his bed and pressed Zhan's pillow against him. He watched the news on TV all day. In the evening there was a news flash.

"In the early hours of the morning a corpse was pulled out of the water. This is the former hero Xiao Zhan, who alone managed to catch one of the greatest criminals and put him behind bars. The Special Agent died of a gunshot wound to his chest, believed to be dead when he fell or was thrown into the water. Next to him, the discarded body of his colleague Yue Fei was found in a playground near the shopping mall. The police are now looking for clues and witnesses." Said the spokeswoman.

In shock, Yibo screamed. He had committed his first murder and that of all people to the man he loved. His mother came to him and tried to calm him down. "Maybe they just say that he died to protect him? Maybe he is still alive after all? Try to calm down and send people out to find out." She suggested it. Yibo sent a message to the coroner asking him to send him a picture of the dead agent. When he received the picture, Yibo was deathly pale, it was definitely Zhan!

The next day he had to pretend he didn't care that he killed the person he loved. He was not allowed to show any weakness towards his father and brother, but said to himself that he would take revenge on them. They had urged him to get rid of Zhan, they demanded his death, they were to blame that his heart was broken. He didn't know how yet, but he knew he would take revenge on them and that revenge would be bitter.

That same night, Yibo developed a plan to play his father and brother off against each other. He started with his brother, he was more open to such things. "Did you know that Yue Fei had contacted father a month ago? How didn't father tell you before that she was an agent? Why did he demand her death, although he knew she never passed on any information and was pregnant with your baby?" Yibo asked him and hit the mark.

Yibo went to his father and also spoke to him. With him he chatted cheerfully about his brother's secrets. Yibo's plan was to play the two off against each other so that they would try to kill each other. He just had to play this game well enough, then they would soon hate each other so much that they would want to kill each other and if his plan worked, both would die. Or at least one would end up in prison. He would have to lead the triad himself, but he would accept that.

 He would have to lead the triad himself, but he would accept that

I hope the next chapters will be more interesting again. Unfortunately, I really can't remember what I wrote before.