Chapter 8 / In the headquarters

Chapter 8 / 3 Per POV

A month later.

"Sir, we just got word that Triad leader Wang Lan was found dead with a head shot in his car in the parking lot of a supermarket. And the surveillance camera clearly shows how the oldest of the two sons kills his father. They are already searching for him. We assume that he will try to leave the country." One of the agents reported. "Report every half hour and let the others know, we will have a meeting at ten o'clock. The top boss is coming. Get ready." Answered the head of headquarters.

The agents sat nervously in the room waiting for the meeting to begin. They knew that if one of the high beasts came by personally, it would get ugly. When He Peng, one of the great chiefs, entered the room, it became quiet. The agents bowed to him and stared at a red file he had with him. Red definitely meant worse. He Peng went to the head end of the table and sat down, he meant the others to do the same again. But before he started, he got up again and hit the file so hard on the table that it clapped loudly.

"Which one of you assholes, of you morons came up with this stupid idea to have Xiao Zhan declared dead?" He Peng wanted to know and stared into the round with angry sparkling eyes. Yu Bin, the head of this headquarters stood up. "Sir, after a couple accidentally saw Xiao Zhan fall off the bridge and save him immediately, it wasn't clear yet why he fell off the bridge. Until the rescuers arrived and realized he had a gunshot wound to his chest. So we thought it appropriate to protect him and say he had died." Tried to explain Yu Bin.

"Did it occur to you fools what kind of stress we got from this? Do you realize that Wang Yibo has asked his lawyer to sue for the surrender of the body of his husband Xiao Zhan? Wang Hai Kuan kills his own father in a public place and Wang Yibo becomes more and more unpredictable every day. And the only one who could calm him down again has been in a coma for a month and nobody knows if he will ever wake up again. And not only that, there seems to be a spy among you. For Wang Yibo has learned that Xiao Zhan is still alive and now turns the whole city upside down in search of him." Hissed He Peng.

"How can that be? Very few people know that he is still alive. And then why should he demand the surrender of the body?" Did Yu Bin want to know. "You fool, he heard it a few days ago from one of your agents. And as a husband he has the right to claim his husband's body. And now that he knows Xiao Zhan is still alive, he will not rest until he has found him. He will fight us with everything he has. His lawyer, the court and last but not least his men turn every stone in the city and look for Xiao Zhan. And they don't act squeamishly at all. And Wang Yibo came forward and explained that he just wants his husband back, and as long as he doesn't get him back, he will continue to fight us." Said He Peng and hit the table with his fist.

"Point 1, find the spy. He has given Wang Yibo all the information about who is working on the case, where the headquarters is, how to get in and so on. Find him! Point 2, Brings Xiao Zhan back to town and gives Wang Yibo permission to visit him. Maybe he'll settle for that for now. Point 3, at this moment the file Wang Triad is temporarily closed and only reopened when Xiao Zhan is conscious again and can make a statement. Have you understood that so far?" He Peng wanted to know. Yu Bin nodded. "Sir, there is a problem. When they brought Xiao Zhan out of the country to make sure he was safe, they made sure no one knew where they had taken him." Said Yu Bin.

"That means, no one knows where Xiao Zhan is right now? How is that possible?" Asked He Peng confused. "Xiao Zhan was brought to the airport with a doctor, another doctor took over there, another doctor took over at the landing and Xiao Zhan was taken to another place where he was handed over to his airport and so on. In the end, nobody knew exactly where they were and who was next or even last to see Xiao Zhan. Every three days we receive a telegram with information about the condition of Xiao Zhan. But no name, no address, nothing. We can't even answer because nobody knows where the telegram is coming from." Said Yu Bin stuttering.

"You said, none of the agents here know how to locate Xiao Zhan? Are you serious? Ask every single doctor, every pilot, because if we don't find him soon, there will be a war and with all the information that Wang Yibo has, he has a clear advantage. And when he declares war on us, you can be sure that the other triads will follow him. They will not only shake Beijing, they will tear it down. And worst of all, you only have one month left, if you haven't found Zhan by then, the Triads will roll over city by city." Explained He Peng.

"Can't you just arrest Wang Yibo? Then he can't do any damage." Mentioned one of the young agents. Hey Peng laughed. "And why should he be accused? Do we have any evidence against him? Plus, it wouldn't make any difference, because he would pass his triad out of prison or hire someone worse." Enlighten He Peng. An agent entered the room and had an envelope with her. "Sir, a new telegram." She said and handed the envelope to He Peng. He Peng laughed out loud. "That's great. Xiao Zhan has finally woken up, but he suffers from amnesia. He can't even remember his own name!" He said and threw the telegram on the table.

"We'll find out where he is now and get him back first. We'll see everything else then." Said Yu Bin calmly and scratched his chin. "Should we give the information to Wang Yibo?" An agent asked. Hey Peng stared at her. "What do you think?" He asked her grumpyly. "Oh OK. Then I finish a report and have it handed over to Wang Yibo." She said quietly. "Why is he making such a fuss anyway? According to our information, he shot Xiao Zhan himself and missed his heart by only 0.7 centimeters. He also knows that he is a special agent. Does he want him back to take revenge on him?" The young agent from before asked.

He Peng looked at the young agent thoughtfully and shook his head. "Never underestimate love. He wouldn't take such a risk if he didn't love Xiao Zhan. And no one knows what exactly happened, it's just the statements from third parties we've heard. It's like with Hai Kuan, some say he killed Yue Fei himself and others say it was the revenge of another triad. Without Zhan's statement, we have nothing in our hands. And finally he's awake, but can't remember anything. Maybe it will help him if he meets Wang Yibo." Said He Peng and then left the room.

" Said He Peng and then left the room