Chapter 35 / Yibo - You cannot get rid of me

A few days after his week with Zhan, Yibo returned to his old self. Well, actually, after Zhan confirmed he wanted to marry him again. This time, Yibo thought no one would break them up. Not an agency that hardly anyone knew about, not his uncle, not anyone. This time he would fight side by side with the person who meant the most to him. Today he had quit his job at the supermarket and tomorrow he would move in with Zhan and his partner. Because what better place to plan than in the safe house of two agents?

Zhan, Chuyue and Yibo first thought about how they could make it clear to the Black Agency's superior that Zhan and Yibo are together again and want to stay together. Of course they didn't need a strategy for that, they just had to say what they wanted, but still, they thought about what they could say together. The next morning, Zhan had already made an appointment for an interview with his superior, Zhan and Yibo were sitting in the office of the 2 meter tall and wide man. Yibo estimated that his fist was about as big as his own head. He had never seen a Chinese man that tall and wide. The agent's scowl could scare even the worst criminal.

"...this is how it looks. Yibo and I are together again and we are definitely not breaking up again. We want to be together and we want to get married again." Zhan explained to the giant before him and the giant nodded incessantly. "Yes, exactly. You cannot get rid of me" Said Yibo, who was staring so much, almost missed his cue. "So you want to be together again. Well, well, well." Said the giant with an incredibly deep voice. Zhan and Yibo nodded nervously. "Assuming I allow it, what do I get in return?" He wanted to know about them. "We will remove Yibo's uncle from his post and turn him over to the agency." Suggested Zhan. "Good suggestion. But it's not enough for me." Said the giant and put his huge hand on a folder in front of him, on which Yibo's name was written.

Yibo and Zhan did not know what else to suggest. Was there anything else they could do? I'II tell you what. Of course, it is not welcome for our agents to have relationships, because they only distract most people from their work. But I also know that Zhan is different in these matters. Assuming I allow your relationship and even your marriage, I expect something in return. ...because I have to take the fall for you if anything goes wrong. Besides, Yibo has a thick file that probably every agency in Beijing has. And I can't help but wonder why he turned down an offer to be an agent back in the day. He's perfect for the job. So I say this now."

"I allow you two to have a relationship and even remarry quite officially. BUT. Yibo needs to be trained as an agent. He must complete the training within four months. And then I'II put you both here in Beijing. Yibo will take over his triad again, but in a different capacity. You will protect the people of this city. A Guardian Triad, or whatever you want to call it, will be created by the two of you. And to be quite honest, we already knew that you were back together again and on top of that, the idea with the Guardian Triad comes from the very top. It's your choice. Accept and we will support you fully, or separate forever." Said the giant and folded his hands together in front of his chest.

Yibo stared at Zhan for a moment and then stood up. He reached out his hand to the giant. I'II do it! I will become an agent and I will work with Zhan for you." He said determinedly. The giant rose from his seat and handed his giant paw to Yibo. They shook hands, and only moments later, signed a contract with Yibo. Yibo was ready for anything, as long as he could be with Zhan again! "Now put your uncle down. Bring me evidence linking him to his crimes and we can take care of the rest." Said the giant. Zhan and Yibo already knew that this would be required, so they had prepared a little.

Yibo proudly handed over a file to his new giant superior. "These originals not only prove that my uncle collects protection money, but also pay various officials to look the other way. It also lists which people disappeared after having a conversation with my uncle in his private area in the basement. Also a list of his businesses he runs, including the names of his business partners. And much more." Explained Yibo. The giant flipped through the pages, nodded and grinned alternately and then took his phone, he gave the name of Yibo's uncle and some codes that Yibo couldn't do anything with. Soon after, two more agents appeared in the office, took the file and disappeared again.

"First part of your training. You're gonna get a suit, then you're gonna go with Zhan and a couple of agents to your uncle's office and you're gonna personally arrest him and bring him here." Said the giant and made it clear that this was not a suggestion, but his first order. Zhan and Yibo drove to another floor, they entered a room on which was "goods issue" and there Yibo received a black suit. He got a gun, some contact lenses he already knew thanks to Zhan's and his games, a watch that contained a memory card and recorded everything the contact lenses recorded. Also some handcuffs and a badge that identified him as an agent in training.

"What's that now? I thought I had to go through training or something?" Whispered Yibo to Zhan. "You learn everything while you do it. Don't worry, I'm with you." Zhan then said to take Yibo in his arms. "I am proud of you." Said Zhan and gave Yibo a kiss on the cheek. Black Agent in training, Wang Yibo was ready Proudly he put on the black suit, put on the watch and let Zhan help him with the contact lenses. "Ah, never underestimate love." Said one of the agents, the one who had been watching them. Of course she knew who Yibo was just like everyone else and they didn't even seem surprised that he was now an agent in training. Yibo looked at the agent questioningly.

"Well my young one, once again it is proven that love should not be underestimated. She made a stone-cold prince of a triad into a man willing to do anything for the person he loves." Explained she to him and lightly patted him on the shoulder. Yibo nodded at her. She was absolutely right. For Zhan, he was willing to do anything and risk anything. When the other agents they were waiting for came to them, they made their way down to the parking garage. They got into one of the black SUVs and Yibo saw that three more cars were following them. Now he was getting nervous. Nothing should go wrong, not on his first mission!

 Nothing should go wrong, not on his first mission!