Chapter 21 / Zhan Jiang Cheng's secret

Zhan stared into the night sky and wondered what Yibo was doing. They had just landed but he would have loved to fly home immediately to be with Yibo. Why did he let himself be talked into taking on this mission? Yibo was mad at him and Zhan probably hated himself the most right now. Lee Seung Gi sat down next to Zhan and looked with him into the starry sky "I have someone waiting for me at home too. My wife was really mad when I left." He said to Zhan and Zhan nodded. "Yes, my husband hates me right now too. We should not disappoint our loved ones and return home safely and quickly." Zhan said.

Zhan hoped the concern for Seo Joon wouldn't interfere with Hae Jin's work. He knew him well, but the life of the person he loved was at stake. The other agent was one from Shanghai, Zhan didn't know him, but Jiang Cheng did. However, he seemed to be fighting with his own demons. He suddenly became silent when the name He Peng was mentioned and from then on he didn't speak a word until they landed. Jiang Cheng was always someone who could quickly go to the ceiling if something didn't suit him. But he was also someone who liked to laugh a lot, who annoyed others and could find fun everywhere.

But now this man sat there, with dark circles around his eyes and pulled back into himself. Did he miss He Peng? Or was it his long-term fiancée Zoey? Whatever it was, Zhan had to clear his head, because on a mission like this, distractions could mean her death. In the middle of the desert, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, there was nothing and no one to help them if they were in danger. And also Hae Jin was too busy with his own thoughts. God I thank you for Ling Man, thought Zhan and was glad that he kept at least a cool head.

Zhan himself was no better than the others. It wasn't his first mission, but it was his first since he had an unpredictable husband who loved him more than anything and was ready for anything at home. And Zhan, yes he was also ready for anything when it came to his husband and therefore he had to forget him for the duration of his mission. He should not let his longing and his thoughts, his head and his senses cloud him. Not here and not now, he wanted to return home in one piece as promised.

Zhan spoke to each of them individually. First with Ling Man, with him it was easy. Then with Lee Seung-Gi, he too understood immediately what Zhan wanted from him. Then he talked to Hae Jin, he promised to concentrate better and not to let his worries take over. And then there was Jiang Cheng. Zhan sat down with him in their Humvee. "Okay, what's wrong with you? What's on your mind? Say it now and forget it for the rest of the time when we start the mission." Said Zhan, hoping Jiang Cheng would talk. But stubborn as he was, Zhan had to talk to him for twenty minutes before he finally came out with the words.

"Two years ago, I was told to help He Peng catch his criminals. And soon after that, I provided the first evidence. Again and again, I gave them what they wanted. But you know what, Zhan? It was never enough! Sometime comes, and it wasn't enough just to kiss He Peng." Jiang Cheng stopped for a moment and wiped a tear from his eye. Zhan swallowed because he suspected what he would tell him now and he didn't know how to react. Because even if they weren't friends anymore, he still didn't wish him anything bad.

"At first it was just a blowjob, but even that wasn't enough for him at one point. I asked again and again if I hadn't already completed the mission, but three of the five, always said it wasn't enough. No your parents were not among the three. They were even dead set against me going forward, but they were outvoted. So I had to keep spending time with He Peng. And then he started fucking me, not in a loving way, no, aggressive and wild. Zoey, who's sitting outside his office and has to work, had to listen to it enough times. And I always had to pretend I liked it. You know what that does to you?" He asked Zhan.

"And it's still going on, it's not enough! Your parents even gave me medication so I don't care if he fucks me. They even begged in front of the other three. And you know what? They don't care! I'm ready to give up Zhan. I don't want to anymore. I'd rather die than let that pig fuck me again. And when your parents told me about the mission, I was right there. They put me on it so I can escape from He Peng at least for a while. Zhan, don't send me back alive, OK? Kill me when the mission is complete!" Said he to Zhan and Zhan came to tears when he heard his old friend say such a thing, he saw the tears of Jiang Cheng and pressed him to himself.

"I will kill this pig for you. But not you!" Said Zhan, vowing to himself that if his husband's triad could be good for anything, it would be to rid the world of this pig. "Well, how are you gonna kill him?" He asked Zhan. Zhan smiled. "I think you forget who my husband is." He said and winked at him. Zhan was amazed at his own thoughts. He was ready to use the Triad to get rid of another human. He bet if he asked Yibo, he would agree immediately. Was Zhan really someone who fit into a Triad? Like Yibo's uncle said?

Jiang Cheng smiled. "Thank you ZhanZhan, thank you very much indeed." He said and Zhan knew that Jiang Cheng believed him and trusted the word of Zhan from now on. And he would keep his word no matter what the cost, he would protect the world from He Peng and free his old friend. But there was one more thing Zhan wanted to clarify. He looked at Jiang Cheng and breathed deeply. "Why did you betray the Agency?" He asked him.

Jiang Cheng smiled. "This is my secret." He said to Zhan but Zhan insisted on the answer. "Jiang Cheng's secret do you want to know? Then hold on tight Zhan! I Jiang Cheng have loved you for as long as I can remember and would do anything for you. And if that means betraying the Agency so that you can return to the man you love, then I will!" Said Jiang Cheng and looked at Zhan seriously. Zhan was shocked when he heard this. Not because Jiang Cheng said he was willing to do anything for him, but that he loved Zhan, he couldn't believe it.

There had been a time when Zhan wished this. There was indeed a time when he would have liked to get closer to Jiang Cheng, but that was a long time ago and at that time Zhan thought that his best friend was only interested in girls. Jiang Cheng patted Zhan's shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry Zhan, I don't expect anything from you. I'm glad you're happy with your baby boy. Although I think he's more of a man than all of us together." He said to Zhan and laughed.

" He said to Zhan and laughed