Chapter 9 / Take him home

Yibo / Take him home.

Wang Yibo sat in his office and was still shocked that he had just started a fight with his father and brother. "I want to bury Xiao Zhan, he was my husband and meant a lot to me. I don't want him to be buried somewhere where people forget him." He said to his father. He killed Zhan a week ago and regretted it the moment he pulled the trigger. Every night, when he lay alone in his bed and silently held Zhan's pillow, he continued to plan his revenge, but he also planned to have Zhan buried. Where he can visit him at any time, where he will not be alone.

"Why are you so hairy about it? Be glad that you are rid of the spy. You yourself killed him and now you regret it?" Hai Kuan asked him. "I immediately regretted it! Even if you didn't love your wife, I loved Zhan and I just know that he never wanted to harm me!" Yibo replied. "And what now? Do you think they just give you his body?" His father asked him. "As a husband I have the right to bury my husband as and where I want! I have already consulted a lawyer. He should help me to get Zhan's body so that I can bury him with dignity." Yibo said in response.

"As dignified as you shot him?" Hai asked Kuan laughing. "At least I killed him more dignified than you killed your wife!" Yibo hissed back. "Guys, don't argue. Yibo, I give you permission to bury Zhan. But not in our family grave. Take his body somewhere else." Said Wang Lan. "I was married to him, he was my family, he has the shit right to be buried in the family grave. And I won't let him be buried anywhere else. To prevent that, you have to kill me first". Yibo screamed and left the office furiously.

Two weeks had passed and the Agency still refused to release Zhan's body. Yibo became increasingly unrestrained and angry. He made it clear to the agency, don't give him Zhan, he will start a war and no stone will stand on top of another. His father called him unpredictable and Yibo didn't care, the more time passed, the more upset he became. The more he missed Zhan, the more willing he was to kill. To kill everything and everyone who stood in his and Zhan's way.

A week ago Yibo finally made a breakthrough. Not only did his plan to divide his father and brother finally bear fruit, but also to finally find one of the agents Yue Fei had talked about. And with the necessary small change, the agent was only too happy to talk, he would have betrayed his own mother if Yibo had asked for it. However, the information he received from the agent almost threw him off his track. "Special Agent Xiao Zhan is alive. He's in a coma, but he's alive." Had the agent said.

Yibo didn't let on, but inside his heart was bleeding. "Where is he now?" He asked the agent. "I'm afraid I don't know, I don't have clearance for the information." The agent explained. After talking to the agent, Yibo turned again, warning the agency. "I learned, thanks to one of your people, that my husband is still alive. If I don't have him back with me soon, I will kill every single agent in your Beijing headquarters and then I will move on to the next headquarters. Thanks to your nice agent I know where you are and I know how to get to you. Bring my husband back to me and I will retreat. But if he isn't back with me within 4 weeks, I'll start the biggest and most murderous war you've ever seen and I won't fight you alone!" He had told them.

A few days later, exactly what Yibo had been hoping for happened. His brother killed his own father and made himself go away. At some point it was no longer necessary to incite them against each other, it was enough if they were in one room looking at each other. Now the triad is under his control and now nobody would be able to stop him. Two days later he received a report from the Agency. He read it stunned. Seung-Youn, one of his closest confidants asked him what was so funny. "This agency is awesome. They hid Zhan so well that even they are not able to find out where he is right now." Explained Yibo and continued reading the report.

"Anything else important?" Seung-Youn asked when he saw Yibo's gaze. Yibo nodded. "Apparently Zhan woke up, but can't remember anything, not even his own name. They write, they first want to find out where Zhan is now and then bring him back. I suggest they hurry. Maybe we should send them a warning." Yibo replied. Seung-Youn shook his head violently. "Wait and see. They won't give you Zhan if you kill one of them." He said to Yibo with a serious look. "All right, maybe you're right. I'm still waiting." Yibo replied bitterly.

"I know you can't wait until you see Zhan again, but how will you explain to him that you killed to achieve that? They write that it is their turn to do it. Maybe we should get some information. Maybe we'll find him faster." He suggested Yibo. Yibo nodded. "Pass that on to Li Wenhan. He should see if he can get anything out of it. Somebody has to know something." Yibo replied and read the report again after Seung-Youn had left his office. "Zhan, I swear I will find you and I will bring you back home. I'll make it up to you. As long as you just come back home to me." He said to himself.

After three seemingly endless weeks, Yibo received another report. In this was writen that the agency finally managed to locate Zhan. He still can't remember anything. They would now get him back as soon as possible and then arrange a meeting with Yibo at a neutral place. "They're crazy. A meeting? They should hand Zhan over to me. When did I say that I would accept a meeting? Zhan is my husband and belongs to me, he shouldn't be anywhere else than with me"! He fled when he had finished reading the report.

 When did I say that I would accept a meeting? Zhan is my husband and belongs to me, he shouldn't be anywhere else than with me"! He fled when he had finished reading the report